Chapter 26- Proud of you

It had been several weeks since Nikki got clean. Things were looking up. He still had his mood swings, but I was told that recovery is a journey, not a destination. 

It was date night, so we decided to go out to this fancy restaurant. If I'm being honest, it was a bit too fancy for my liking, and I think Nikki felt the same, we were both runaways at the end of the day. 

I was wearing this beautiful white halter neck  dress, I paired it with gold jewellery. I felt like a modern-day greek goddess!

pic for reference-

I grabbed Nikki's hand

I grabbed Nikki's hand. "I am so proud of you love." 

"Thanks babe."

The waiter came,"Are you ready to order some drinks." 

"Yes I'll have a Jack and coke and she'll have a glass of Pinot Grigio." 

"Look at you sounding all fancy." I winked. 

"Well incase you haven't noticed I'm a fancy guy now." He kissed my hand. 

"As if us street kids could ever be fancy!" I chuckle a bit too loud.

We ate our food and had quite a few drinks, before heading home. I know what you're thinking... Nikki shouldn't be drinking, well he's still doing drugs too- so chew on that... Sorry... Daniels judginess recently has got me on edge.

He has reassured me many times that his problem was heroin, all the other drugs he could still do. I trusted that he knew himself well enough to not fuck up. Besides I was in no place to quit drugs or alcohol.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When we got back to the house, we were the giggly type of drunk. Nikki carried me in, bridal style. 

"Lets take this up to the bedroom." He grinned, kissing me. Since me moving in, I had started to decorate his room more my style. Before I got here, you can only imagine the filth.

Pic for reference-