Chapter 40 Hidden

Start from the beginning

My laughter escapes and I don't bother trying to hide it.

"Okay now you're just being a twat," insults Damien but Kingston only grins victoriously. I turn around and leave the two bickering fighters to debate on 'who get's the most girls', my bets are on Kingston.

Alex and Eric are still at it and I notice how Alex's shoulders are slumped forwards and his hits have less force, under the dim lighting that still needs fixing, beads of sweat coat his forehead and his eyes open and shut very slowly.

Is he going to pass out? Eric comes closer to him this time making small attempts at hitting him so Alex has to duck and when he does I notice his hand instinctively gravitates towards his side like it hurts and there is no mistake of the grimace on his face.

Just as I am about to step down there and intervene a ringtone sounds loudly and Eric sighs before taking the device out of his pocket and checks it. With a frown he mutters something to Alex who nods and then he points in my direction. I furrow my eye brows in confusion and watch as Eric exits the room.

"Hey Blair, we're going to head off too. Max wants us to meet him in town," says Kingston also holding his phone.

Wow Max really does take walks through town.

"Okay, stay safe guys," I reply.

Damien snorts, "Blair your acting like I'm about to go have-"

"Okay play boy lets go," ushers Kingston and Damien grumbles again as the bigger fighter half drags and leads him across the room.

Once everyone has left the room I step over the ropes trying not to wince myself at the pain searing my back and I land as gently as I can on the soft arena floor. Alex looks at me funnily but I pretend not to notice.

"Eric has something he needs to do so only for now has he instructed me to train you," I'm shocked by how dull and lifeless his voice sounds. From not speaking to each other for so long I've almost but forgotten how he sounds when he's happy. His teal eyes that have golden flakes that surround his pupils are now deflated. The fire within them gone.

"How do you want to do this then?" I question keeping my voice light. His face remains bleak and I find myself feeling discouraged.

"Just practice opposite jabs on my hands," he replies and holds his hands out in front of him. Again, I notice a slight wince as he corrects his stance and I pretend to not notice. He's probably just overworked. I recall that he doesn't like taking breaks.

"Wraps?" I ask raising my fists but he simply just shakes his head. Well there goes communication out the window.

I begin hitting his palms not hard but at a slow pace as I get into it. My back hurts every time I lean forwards and I bite my tongue as to not make a sound.

"Harder," he instructs and I grit my teeth as I push forwards and hit harder. My bare knuckles hit his palms and the sound rattles through the eerie silence. I'm afraid to hurt him.

"Blair come on I know you can hit harder than that," he sounds bored and I hate it. What's wrong with him? I want Alex back and this isn't the Alex I know. Instead of feeling angry I feel sad and my hands fall to my sides in defeat.

"Stop," I mumble shaking my head and I step back.

"I can't train with you being like this."

He frowns and it's scary it's deep and menacing like he's trying to frighten me but why would he need to try? What does he have to hide? His arms fold across his bulking chest and I gulp.

"We haven't spoken in ages since Eric began training us and it feels as though everything is falling apart and I hate it it. I thought that if I came here I would be happy but now- now I'm just as empty as I used to be." My voice threatens to crack and I turn away from him so he can't see my tears.

Once containing myself I look back at him and his jaw is tensed, his eyes are ablaze but he refuses to speak. He is definitely hiding something.

I walk right up to him so my chin is up to his chest and I glance up at him. He stares straight ahead like I don't even exist.

"Please don't shut me out," I whisper pathetically. He finally begrudgingly looks down at me and for a split second his eyes soften but then harden again. He steps back but visibly winces as he does so and I step forwards again.

"You're hurt," I state.

"Don't," he warns aggressively. "Do not do that, you don't want to."

"Let me help," I urge reaching my hand out in his direction but he startles me by pushing it away.

"Stay the fuck away from me, don't come near me at all." With that said I watch in retreat as he climbs over the ropes groaning in pain and he walks through the doors without a second glance.

"Fuck you," I yell but there is no one around to hear.

"Fuck you," I whisper but there is no around to comfort me.

"Fuck the whole damn world," I sob and fall to my knees allowing myself to cry. My tears are mixed with pain and longing for something that no longer exists and the bitter remedy has never tasted sweeter.

Tears are my salvage, tears are my rain.

I actually disliked Alex a little bit when writing this chapter but I think we can all agree as to why he is being like this.

Not long now and this book will be done, I can't wait to write the second one.

Hope you guys loved this chapter, please comment, vote and share.

Happy reading <3