Sabiq gave her small smile and then answered her unasked questions with a light nod.

A rosy smile bloomed on her honey lips and she leaned forward to place a kiss on his cheek.

Sabiq breathed in a deep breath feeling the warmth of her lips on his skin.

“Our house ? As in our home. The one where we will spend the rest of our lives ?” Chandni asked once again just to confirm what he meant.

“Uh hn. Don't you want to see it from inside jaana ?” Sabiq said, opening his hand to her.

Chandni tucked the end of her hair to the back of her ear and slowly placed her hand on his.

As their hands were joined to one another they stepped towards the house which was going to be their future home soon.

The neighborhood was empty, it was mostly in the countryside. The calm and serenity of the atmosphere felt sacred to Chandni.

She held Sabiq's arm with her both hands and stared at his side profile with love as he took her where she thought the rest of her life belonged.

As they stood in front of the blue colored door Sabiq took out two keychains from his jacket.  One was with the letter S and one with C.

He passed the keychain with letter S to Chandni. Chandni took the keychain from his hand and found a small silver key dangling on it.

Our home.

It was engraved on the small key and the lock.

As Sabiq opened the door with the key in his hand Chandni's eyes wavered towards the nameplate.

Mrs. and Mr. Malik.

A blush arose on her cheeks realizing that if not now then later..it will be only her who will become Mrs. Malik.

With another click the door was opened and a lovely homely feeling welcomed the two lovers.

Chandni's innocent eyes lightened up with joy and love seeing the house from inside. It was no mansion or estate. It was a simple home filled with love and coziness.

“So…do you like it ?” asked Sabiq a little nervously.

Chandni's eyes swirled to him.

“Like it ? It is my true heaven Sabiq. I belong here and nowhere else," she said, jumping in his arms.

One of his large hands encircled around her waist while the other one was placed on her head. He kissed her head and whispered,“ I will leave this illegal world soon Mehzabeen. My only aim from now on is to turn your every dream into reality. We will shift here after your graduation, okay ?” he asked.

Chandni smiled and then nodded.  She hugged him tight. His love feels like a dream. He feels like a dream. Chandni wished for everything to stay like what it is now.

…..

He stared at their small home from afar. He can see her hugging him through the small window. He was rotting here and she was enjoying being in his arms.

His fingers turned white as he clutched the steering wheel tight. A thought of killing Sabiq came to his mind and he pulled out the gun that was tucked on his back.

One aim and Sabiq would be dead and Chandni would be his.

One aim.

Burning in jealousy he aimed the gun towards his brother, yes brother not a best friend.

It was the brotherhood that started in their teenage days. Poverty and sympathy brought them together but today their love, their Chandni will tear them apart.