Chapter 15 - Discarding the Past

Start from the beginning

"I think it's fine if you believe that it's your destiny to play an instrument." She said. "If that's how you feel, then you should stick with that." 

I nodded as her words were sinking into my head. 

"Yeah, you're right." I told her. "Thanks for that."

Mutsumi revealed another small smile to me. 

"It's no problem." 

Mutsumi is a lot nicer than I thought she would be. I'm sure anyone would be lucky enough to have her as a friend. However, it's still a mystery on why Soyo wants me to stay away from her, and why she still hates her to this very day. 

"Hey, is it okay if I ask you something?" I asked. 

Mutsumi nodded in silence. 

"I don't mean to be nosy, but what's the deal with you and Soyo?" I asked. "When we met a few days ago, she really got mad at you."

Mutsumi's facial expression quickly changed. She looked down on the ground and at her feet, a bit scared to answer my question. 

"It's okay. You don't have to answer if you don't want to..." I said, but she shakes her head. 

"It's fine. I'll tell you what happened." She began. "You see-"

"I'll answer that question for you." 

Someone new decided to come into the fray. 

The girl who approached us is more serious than anyone I have ever met

The girl who approached us is more serious than anyone I have ever met. And now that I am thinking about it, something about her looks familiar. 

"Mutsumi, care to introduce me to your friend here?" She asked. 

"His name is (Y/N) (L/N), an up-and-coming musician who believes in destiny." Mutsumi said. Well, that was quite the introduction she gave me. 

"Yeah, that's me. Nice to meet you." I said, and reached out with my hand, attempting for a handshake. 

Instead, though, she moved my hand away, and looked at me with a cold stare.