6. meeting khione

❦︎

❦︎

Jason also told them about his dream: the big nasty mother wolf and a burned out house with stone spires growing out of the swimming pool.

Thèrèse stared clueless at something, listening and processing his story. "You don't know where this place is?" she asked.

"Nope." Jason admitted. Thèrèse twitched an eye, before blinking away.

Leo was still thinking about Thèrèse resting her head on his shoulder, making it hard for him to properly focus on the rest of the discussion happening in the front. He'd catch bits and pieces of the conversation, but all he could think about was how amazing this flight felt.

It was as if their mission was so insignificant now that he and Thèrèse were so close like this.

"There's also giants," Piper added. Thèrèse sucked in a breath. "The prophecy said the giant's revenge."

She exhaled. "Great, now there's giants." The daughter of Poseidon said with a little tone of sarcasm.

Leo thought about the prophecy and how giants appeared to be a part of it. The thought of giants coming after them was certainly unnerving and worrying, though not surprising. He also couldn't help but grin upon hearing the sarcastic tone of Thèrèse' voice, which made the boy think that she wasn't exactly thrilled by this new discovery.

"Giants? As in multiple? Multiple, giant giants after us? Yeah, no, that sounds like it'll be a fun time." Leo said sarcastically.

"Hold on," Thèrèse squinted her eyes. "Giants – like more than one? Why can't it be just one giant who wants revenge?" She said.

"I don't think so," Piper said. "I remember in some of the old Greek stories, there was something about an army of giants."

Thèrèse scoffed in disbelief.

"Great.." Leo muttered. "Of course, with our luck, it's an army. So you know anything else about these giants? Didn't you do a bunch of myth research for that movie with your dad?"

"Your dad's an actor?" Jason asked Piper. "Uh, sorry, what was he in?" Thèrèse asked.

"It doesn't matter," Piper said quickly. "The giants – well, there were lots of giants in Greek mythology. But if I'm thinking of the right ones, they were bad news. Huge, almost impossible to kill. They could throw mountains and stuff. I think they were related to the Titans. They rose from the earth after Kronos lost the war, I mean the 𝘧𝘪𝘳𝘴𝘵 Titan war, thousands of years ago-and they tried to destroy Olympus. If we're talking about the same giants-"

"Chiron said it was happening again," Jason remembered. "The last chapter. That's what he meant. No wonder he didn't want us to know all the details."

Thèrèse stared at them, mouth slightly opened and blinked blankly after hearing all of the information. "Wow, you guys really knew your history," she chuckled nervously. "What, so the giants were like the size of a dinosaur?" She asked Piper.