1. the night we met

𝐀𝐂𝐓. 𝐈 the lost hero

main characters:
thèrèse scarlet
leo valdez
piper mclean
jason grace

main characters:thèrèse scarletleo valdezpiper mcleanjason grace

❦︎

Leo had problems to deal with. He ducked out of the amphitheater and ran into the darkness, wondering what he'd gotten himself into. He'd stood up infront of a bunch of stronger, braver demigods and volunteered for a mission that would probably get him killed. He trudged towards the woods and tried not to think about his childhood – all messed up things that had led to his mother's death.

Thèrèse noticed, her observant eyes followed the boy. She strolled down after him, "Where are you going?" She asked. It's his recent days in Camp after all, she had to know where he'd be off to.

Leo looked up, annoyed that someone was following him, but at least the person wasn't a monster. He glanced at the girl and thought: Thèrèse' name rang a bell – Poseidon claimed his girl while she's connecting with the sea creatures. That story and theory coming from everyone changed everything for him.

"I'm going to clear my head," he said, not waiting for her response, and continued towards the trees.

"I'm coming with you." Her voice makes Leo to not extend this to an argument. She fastened her pace so she can walk next to him. "What stories have you heard about?" She asked.

He glanced at her, then looked away and tried to ignore her. He wished he'd met Thèrèse under different circumstances, but his first experience of her was so... memorable. "Just a few," he muttered.

Thèrèse might have had no malice in her voice, but Leo thought he sensed something different in her behavior. Something he didn't know how to process, the only thing he wanted right now was to forget that he'd agreed to go on a suicide mission in a few hours.

"So you know about Jason's and Piper's visions? You volunteered to go to that quest.. how brave." She said. This girl is an excellent at extending a conversation, and a meaningful one too.

Leo grunted in agreement. The girl was just as annoying as he'd remembered, but she could make a great conversation partner. She was good at getting to the core of what he was thinking – or at least, the most important part.

"I know the prophecy, yes," Leo said. "Have you heard the part where they say our chance for survival is slim?"

"Huh?" Thèrèse hums confusingly, her face twisted. She has a hearing problem, but I promise you, if there's one person who can focus in any dangerous situation, it could be her.