5. repair boy, superman, beauty queen and fish lady

❦︎

❦︎

The son of Hephaestus had been working most of the night creating a set of wings for the dragon. He looked up towards the dragon with satisfaction as he finished the final adjustments and preparations. The dragon was now complete with the wings, which had taken several hours to complete.

Thèrèse' amazed look brought a smile to the boy's face, which was starting to show signs of fatigue from the lack of sleep and the hard work he'd done. She laughs, nudging him. "This is great! This is awesome! This is cool, you're cool." She said.

The boy's smile became a bit more genuine as he heard the girl's positive reactions. Her words of praise and encouragement gave him a strong sense of satisfaction. "Thanks," He replied quietly, feeling his pride in his work growing with her praise.

Leo looked up towards the dragon, appreciating the end result of his efforts to this point.

"We just had to show this to Jason and Piper. Then we're in for the quest." She said with a proud smile, until.. something crossed her mind. "Wait.. wait.. how do you think the archers would react? Obviously they're gonna shoot him. He's like an abandoned creature and a dangerous one." Thèrèse said worriedly.

The boy's expression became more concerned when she brought up the archers. The archers would certainly shoot the dragon once they saw it, and they'd keep shooting at it until one arrow hit its mark.

The thought of the archers doing that was disturbing, to say the least. The possibility of Festus being harmed was something that Leo would do anything to prevent.

"We'll have to figure out a plan on how to keep their arrows away from Festus," he replied gravely.

Leo was touched by the girl's words and gesture towards Festus. She obviously cared for the dragon quite a bit and wasn't hesitant to express that compassion in her actions.

"We're going to protect you with everything we have," The boy echoed, his voice sounding slightly firm as he spoke to Festus.

The dragon swoops down from the sky. They heard their friend, Piper. "Thèrèse? Leo?" She yelled. Leo's attention turned towards Piper, he guided Festus down towards the ground as they came closer to Piper. They were about to safely land back on the ground and get off the dragon's back.

Sure enough, there they were, sitting ontop of a giant bronze death machine and grinning like a lunatic. Even before they landed, the camp alarm went up. A conch horn blew. All the satyrs started screaming.

"Don't kill me!" Leo shouted.

Thèrèse' expression hardened as she heard the camp alarm, watching as the satyrs panicked and began sounding the conch horn. The thought of her and Leo being mistaken for an enemy didn't sit well with the girl.