11

"I heard about your little showdown with Stella" Nicky said as we sat in the TV room

"It was hardly a showdown , she kissed me then ignored me like a teenage girl, I don't like her in that way or anything but she's what 25 or something and she kissed me , I just kissed back" I laughed

"Okay, that does sounds a little immature , maybe she's denying her feelings" Nicky said shrugging her shoulders

"I couldn't give a shit , she wants to act like a bitch I will be a better one" I scoffed

"I like your attitude Quill" Nicky smirked

"Who wouldn't "

We watched some documentary about sharks on the TV for a while until I had to help red out in the kitchen and to my luck Nicky was helping too . I was glad I was friends with Nicky , she's a great girl to be around , she's fucking hilarious and is always in a good mood .

"Oh two of my favourite girls" red smiled as we walked into the kitchen

"Aw thanks red" I smiled

I have now been working for red for over a week and it's been amazing , she has taught me so many things I never knew about cooking .

"Where has morello been?" Red asked as I pulled on an apron

"Writing love letters to some new spouses" Nicky laughed

"That girl and her boyfriends " red said shaking her head

"She's a hopeless romantic , looking for love in prison, I think it's sweet" and Norma nodded her head to agree with me

Red handed me some carrots to cut while Nicky sat on the counter doing nothing . This normally happens when Nicky helps , well she doesn't really help she's just says she will so she can eat away while we prepare .

***

Stella has been keeping her distance from me since last week . I don't understand what her problem is , we are two grown adults so I don't understand why she acts like a child . Don't get me wrong I've been ignoring her but I've been everywhere , well tried to be . If I sit at the table she gets up and walks away , if I go into someone's cube and she's there , she leaves . I thought I left high school 5 years ago .

"Can we talk" oh look what the cat dragged in , here is Stella standing in my cube

"You sure?" I asked

"Just listen then . I'm sorry for acting like a cunt but I didn't want you to think we would be a couple after I kissed you . I just wanted to kiss you to see if anything was there and it was . Your fucking hot , one of the hottest girls in here so obviously I was going to try something with you but I miss just hanging out with you . We can try be friends again with no kissing or thinking you like me or I like you , deal?"

"That was some heart felt apology but deal" I smiled as I shook her hand

"Just one question , if I kissed you again , what would you do?" I asked smirking

"I would ...

But she was cut off with my lips on hers . I don't give a shit if she doesn't like me or I don't like her , she can kiss and I want to be the one kissing her , not someone else .

"Kiss you back" she smiled as we both pulled away

"You answered for me when you did kiss back" I laughed

"Self control doesn't seem to be our strong point" she laughed along with me

"No , it doesn't"

We sat on my bed and talked for a while . Stella decided that we would be like a friends with benefits , no feelings , no strings attached , which is a good idea for prison because of someone got out earlier than you that could fuck up a relationship and besides I'm not looking for a relationship , I just want serve my time get out then focus on work , family and love .

I also don't feel like love is a good thing in prison . I don't think I could make it work . Yeah I like seeing the person I'm with everyday but you do need a little space . Could you imagine seeing someone every minute of everyday while being inside , you would feel kinda trapped , well my opinion anyway .

Stella is a genuine girl and I could have a relationship with her but I don't feel any feelings like that towards her , maybe I will later on or maybe I won't but for now all we can be is friends with benefits , it suits us both and it makes a hell of a lot of sense .

----

I did plan to write a Stella free chapter but it sucked so I decided against it . I also realise like half way writing chapter ten I've been using the name Stella when I initially thought to use Ruby's actual real name but you all seem to be enjoying it anyway so what does the characters name change .

Also I won't be updating for two days but I promise the next chapter will be super long and have a little more insight as to who Dana Quill is and a bit more about her :)

Also the last authors note I said about a Twitter group chat ? Do you guys want that or not ??