Queen of the woods - Part 5 - Thorin x Reader

Everything in italics is a flashback

Thorin sat back in his cell. He had no idea how long he and the others had been in the dungeons; it difficult to know whether it was day or night while locked in the cells. No idea how long it had been since he had faced the elven coward. Since he had set his eyes on the beautiful elleth; Thorin still finding it hard to believe that the envoy that he had known, was, in fact, the bride of his enemy. Not sure how someone like her, could marry a smug, sanctimonious, treacherous, pompous, pointy-eared............Thorin shaking his head, pushing the thoughts of Thranduil from his mind; instead, letting his memory go back to the times that (Y/n) would come to Erebor..............

                                                        >>---------------------------------<<

"My king............." A voice called out. Thorin along with his father and grandfather turning to see Balin making his way to where the three stood. The prince feeling a smile pull at the corners of his lips, as he saw the much taller figure, behind the king's advisor.

"The envoy from the Greenwood........" Balin continued with a smile and a bow. Thorin moving to his grandfather's left, and Thráin moving to the king's right, as Thrór took a seat back on his throne; Balin stepping to the side, so that he could allow the elven visitor to take a step forward.

"King Thrór.......... princes........" (Y/n) greeted, placing her hand on her chest, and bowing respectfully to the King under the Mountain. Thorin feeling his mouth dry, as she looked at him for a moment.

"I am surprised that that king of yours still allows ya to come here............" Thrór chuckled, as the beautiful elleth took a step forward.

"I wouldn't be much of an envoy if I was couped up in the woods, now, would I? And as much as certain of my kin would wish me to remain under their watchful eye, one cannot refuse an invite to Erebor for the celebration of Durin's Day. Especially when the invite has come from the king himself." (Y/n) interjected cheerily. The young prince finding himself wondering who of her kin would wish to keep such a watchful eye on her, and if it was a male.............

"I have long heard of the legendary celebrations for the day and cannot wait to prove that an elf can drink just as much as a dwarf can. That, and Master Dwalin has challenged me to a fight..........." The envoy continued with a chuckled, Thorin smiling down at (Y/n) as his grandfather slapped his knee and let out a hearty laugh.

"And this is why I like this lass. She has tha heart of a dwarf.............."

                                                       >>--------------------------------<<

Thorin watched his kin, as the celebrations for Durin's Day, moved into the evening. The long tables that had been set out in the great hall, groaning under the copious amounts of cooked meats, breads and sweetmeats. Barrels of ale had been cracked open to quench the thirst of all the guests that had come to the mountain the celebrate this most important of days. The young prince catching a glimpse of the elven envoy, as boisterous laughter filled the air, along with the music that was being played. Thorin taking two mugs of ale, and making his way through the crowd, to where (Y/n) stood.

"Are you enjoying yourself............." Thorin enquired. His mouth drying and palms sweating, as a smiling (Y/n) turned to look at him.

"Indeed, Prince Thorin, thank you. I had known that this evening would be a sight to behold; but it is already proving more than I could have imagined........."

"And this is only the start. The celebration will last for at least two more days............"

"Yes, Balin has already warned me. And I think it is a wonderful idea, why cram all your celebrating into just one day, when you can spread it over three or four." The elleth chuckled, as he handed her one of the mugs of ale.

The prince had to admit, as he and (Y/n) stood in a comfortable silence, watching his kin dance around the floor, that the forest elf was quite the most exquisite thing that he had ever seen. His long hair, falling down her back on over her shoulders, framing her delicate features perfectly; the deep green gown that covered her form, accentuating not only her figure, but also bringing out the colour of her beautiful eyes, and really rather alluring smile. The prince finding it hard to believe that such a striking female had made no mention of being courted, or of being wed. Thorin sure that if she were a dwarf, she would have found herself a husband, many years ago. Yet he was glad that she hadn't; for it meant that she could still come to Erebor whenever she wished, and he could get the chance to be close to her.

"When are you to fight Dwalin............?" Thorin suddenly asked, as he heard the laughter of his friend, sound out over everything else.

"On the morrow.........That is if he can see straight by then.........." (Y/n) replied with yet another chuckle, as she and Thorin looked over to where Dwalin was standing on one of the tables, with a leg of mutton in one hand, and a large jug of ale in the other.

"Though, if I find him still asleep under the tables, perhaps you and I could have a match instead? Both Balin and Dwalin have taken great delight in telling me what a force you are to be reckon with..........." (Y/n) added, a large smile making its way onto her lips, as she looked down at him, his eyes meeting hers.

"I would like that very much. But perhaps before we fight, you would do me the honour of a dance......." Thorin agreed, before holding out his hand for her to take. The envoy finishing her drink, and then allowing him to lead her to the floor...........

                                                   >>-----------------------------------<<

"I'll wager the sun is on the rise. Must be nearly dawn." Bofur said. The sound the hat wearing dwarf's voice, shaking the pleasing memory from Thorin's mind.

"We're never going to reach the Mountain, are we........?" Ori countered, with a heavy, sad sigh.

"Not stuck in here, ya not........." Another voice replied. The dwarves looking out in disbelief, to see Bilbo with a large bunch of keys in his hand.

"Shhhhh, there are guards nearby........." The Hobbit continued, as the dwarves called out his name. Bilbo opening Thorin's cell, before moving onto Balin's and then the others.