Not all who wander - Part 7 - Aragorn x Éomer x Reader

For Landofthefree06

Aragorn quickly made his way from the stables, making sure that he was not seen by the Rohirrim guard. The man that was now a king, but at heart would always be the Ranger, not wanting his activities to get back to either Éomer or (Y/n).

At any moment, he was due to be having dinner with the pair; but first, he had had to set his plan in motion. And the most important part of this plan, was Renia. He and the great white stallion just having had a little.........conversation..........Aragorn sure that the best friend of the wanderer had always known what he was talking about; and this time was no different. Though the apples that he had brought with him, had most certainly seemed to help Renia to agree to his plan. But now, all he had to do was hope that the other two players in his scheme, would unknowingly fall into his plan.

He had known (Y/n) since he was a child; Aragorn always enjoying the company of the half-elf. Always happy to see her when they would meet during both of their wanderings. Yet one thing was different about this meeting; one thing that he had never seen in her, before she had walked into Éomer's rooms and greeted him. And that was a happiness, a contentment, an ease that suggested to him, at least, that I randir had finally found the place that she belonged. That she had finally found the man that could hold her heart. Aragorn more than happy to help give Éomer and (Y/n) the little push that they seemed to need, to bring them together. The King of Gondor making his way through the long corridors, back to his rooms; and preparing himself for the evening.

                                                        >>---------------------------------<<

(Y/n) looked at herself in the long mirror; smoothing down the heavy gown that covered her form. She had so enjoyed being able to spend time with Aragorn again. It had been so long since she had last seen him, and their conversation had gone back to their meetings when he had just been the Ranger; the pair laughing about some of the more amusing moments that seemed to happen when they were together. The half-elven realising how many lives she had led, when her thoughts went back to the first time that she had met him in Rivendell; Aragorn little more than a babe in arms when his father, Arathorn, had been killed while pursuing Orcs, and Lord Elrond had taken the child, at the request of his mother. The wanderer choosing to stay in the realm of the other half-elf, just so that she could watch him grow. (Y/n) always finding herself proud of the Dúnedain. And although she had not been gifted with foresight like Lord Elrond, she had always known that one day, he would be the king that he was born to be.

But the realisation of how many mortal lives she had already lived, had come with a tinge of sadness for her. For each one of those lives, she had spent alone. There had, of course, been others that had caught her eye over the long years; other elves, the sons of men, and even a rather handsome dwarf, whom, despite his gruff exterior, had been the most pleasant of his kind. Yet her wanderings had always taken her away from them. The lure of the road, to find that one place that she truly felt at home, too strong. And it wasn't until she had come to Rohan; until she had woken to see Éomer, that she had no longer felt that pull. The half-elven realising that this was the place that she was supposed to be and Éomer was the man that she had been looking for, for so long. The man that could truly hold the wanderer's heart.

                                                  >>------------------------------------<<

Éomer sat in his chair, his eye focused on the fire that crackled happily in the hearth. His thoughts going back to what Aragorn had said earlier. He knew that he loved (Y/n), in fact, he had never felt for another woman, what he felt for the exquisite half- elven. He knew that he wanted her to be his bride; to be the queen of his people and mother of his children. But to hope that she might give up her immortality to spent one life with him............was it fair? Though, as his friend had pointed out, the real decision as to that, was down to (Y/n). And he would not know how she truly felt for him, unless he actually came out and said something. The King of Rohan finding it ridiculous that he could ride, at full gallop towards an army of orcs that wanted nothing more than to kill him and everyone else. Yet when it came to (Y/n), he felt like a coward.

When he had been called away, he had found himself in front of his advisors. All of them seeming to be going over the same things as they always would; Éomer having to admit that he had drowned most of what was being said, out, until marriage had been mentioned. Until they had once again pushed the issue of the kingdom needing an heir. The older men speaking of women that they believed were suitable for their king. Éomer quickly getting to his feet and informing them that he would not have a bride chosen for him. That he would wed for love and not duty. Telling them, that soon they would have what they wanted. That he would have his bride, and they would have their queen. Now, all he had to do, was speak to the half-elf that he wanted to take on those rolls. The king slowly getting to his feet, as he realised that soon, (Y/n) and Aragorn would be joining him for dinner. Hoping that by the end of the evening, he would have finally plucked up the courage to tell (Y/n) of his love.