The Lonely One - Part 1 - Boromir x Reader

Boromir moved slightly. His hazy mind slowly beginning to take things in. To remember what had happened. The last thing that he could recall he had been in the woods with Merry and Pippin. The hordes of Uruk hai coming towards them. Their vile stench hanging heavy in the air. He could remember that he had blown the Horn of Gondor, calling to the others for their assistance. And then, then the first arrow that had almost forced him to his knees had struck. But that hadn't stopped him, he had kept fighting with all his might. Doing his best to protect the hobbits. And then the second arrow, the thud as it hit him in the chest, making his ears ring. Making him gasp for breath. The Captain of the White Tower falling to his knees. Yet as he had seen the faces of Merry and Pippin, he had used all his might to rise once again to kill more of the evil creatures, despite his energy failing him and his vision beginning to blur. Taking out more of their attackers, before a third arrow had struck him. The yells, cries of the hobbits the only things that he could hear, as he slumped on the ground. Unable to rise yet again, to kill more of the foul creatures as they had streamed past him. The pain he felt, greater than any he had ever experienced. He had believed himself to be dead, as the large Uruk hai stood before him notching yet another arrow. So, perhaps that was what this was. Perhaps he was in the world beyond that of the living. He did feel different after all. He felt comfortable and warm. His senses filling with the odour of sweet flowers. With the sound of bird's song. The High Warden of the White Tower letting out a soft sigh, as he suddenly felt something cool against his brow. As he felt fingers delicately brush his hair away from his face. Boromir sitting bolt upright and catching the hand in his. The breath leaving his lungs, as he found himself looking into a pair of beautiful eyes, that belonged to an even more beautiful face.

"Ennas na- baw baur na nifred, nin mellon. You need not fear, my friend." The exquisite creature said softly. Boromir feeling his heart thump violently against the inside of his ribcage, as she smiled at him. The captain doing his best to shake the memories, the thoughts from his mind, as he continued to stare.

"Am..............am I dead...............?" Boromir asked, as his fingers slowly intertwined with those of the elleth. His hand squeezing hers slightly, as she moved a little closer to him.

"No...........but it was close. If it hadn't been for Legolas and Aragon knowing where I lived, I am afraid that the Captain of the White Tower might actually have breathed his last." The female replied, as she carefully dabbed the sweat away from his brow with a cool, damp cloth.

"Aragorn..........Legolas..............are they...............?"

"They are well. They and your dwarf friend are in the other parts of my home. They have been waiting for you to wake...................."

"Merry..........Pippin........................?"

"I am afraid that there are no others with them. But they did mention that you had had two halflings in your company. I am sorry to say that Aragorn said they were taken.............." The elleth explained. Boromir's eyes growing wide at the information.

"I...........I have to find them................." Boromir replied, as he did his best to climb out of the bed, only to find himself pushed back down.

"You are not going to move anywhere for at least another few days. You were brought to me at death's door with three arrows in your body. I have done all I can to bring you back to your friends over these last two days, and I am not going to let you ruin my work. You will stay in that bed until I say otherwise. Is that clear......................?" The female said firmly. Boromir finding himself nodding, shocked by her very firm tone. Feeling as though he had just been chastised by a mother, and that there was no point in arguing.

"Now, lie back and rest. I will bring you some food." She continued, her voice once again soft, as she got to her feet and made her way to the door.

"What...........what's you name............? Shouldn't I at least know the name of the beautiful creature that brought me back to life?" The oldest son of Denethor called out. The elleth turning to look at him, as she opened the door.

"My people call me I ereb er..........The lonely one. But my friends..........my friends call me (Y/n). Now rest, son of Gondor............." (Y/n) explained, before giving him one last smile and making her way out of the room.

>>----------------------------------<<

(Y/n) closed the door behind her. The smile never leaving her face. When Aragorn, Legolas and their friend Gimli had brought the limp body of Boromir to her, she hadn't known if she could help, despite her gifts; but she had promised that she would do all she could. And now, after two days, the warrior was awake.

It was strange for her to have visitors. She lived on her own away from the worlds of elves, men and any other inhabitants of Middle Earth, that was why her people called her the Lonely one. Yet those who needed to know where she was, knew, and she was glad that Aragorn and Legolas were two of them. Especially when they brought the likes of Boromir to her door.

(Y/n) had to admit that as she had nursed him, she had been taken by how very handsome the man was. He had the most charming of faces. And now that he was awake, that face had become more handsome, especially when paired with those smoky green eyes and his voice. But despite the fact that her mind was filled with his visage, now was not the time to let herself get distracted. He still had more healing to do, and Aragon, Legolas and Gimli also needed her help, so that was what she would do. (Y/n) slowly making her way to find her friends so that she could advise them that the captain was now awake.