The ghost of Mirkwood - Part 5 - Legolas x Thranduil x Reader

"You have done what.............?" Thranduil enquired angrily. Sitting upright on his throne, as he looked down at his son. Not sure that had heard correctly.

Legolas had hoped to get back to his rooms without being seen; but as it was, he found himself in his father's throne room. And as much as he had thought about making up a story that would explain why he had been out in the wicked woods, at the darkest hours of the night; the prince believed that the truth needed to be told. That despite the stories, despite everything everyone believed, all that they had been taught, the ghost that haunted the dark heart of Taur-e-Ndaedelos, was no malevolent spectre; had no desire to bring down the elven kingdom, to destroy the line of Oropher. That she was, in truth, a prisoner. One, that without whom, the evil of the Necromancer might have spread to every part of the once lush and vibrant woods. And given that, he believed that (Y/n) deserved to have the respect of all those that called Mirkwood home. Including his father.

"I went out into the woods. I have met the ghost.......spoken with her.........(Y/n) is not what you think, father..............."

"You did all this despite what I have told you. Despite all that you know........despite my orders.............?" Thranduil retorted angrily, as he rose from his throne and made his way down the stairs to where his son stood.

"Yes........and even though I have met her, talked to her, your kingdom has not fallen; and nor have we. I want you to come and meet her, father. The stories that we know are not true. She is lost, alone, her spirit forced to dwell in the darkest part of the woods; as much a victim of the Necromancer's powers, as the forest is................."

"And who told you that? Who told you that she was just a poor, lonely victim..........?"

"She.........she did.................."

"You are a fool, Legolas. How do you know that she was telling you the truth? She was sent here by the Necromancer to punish your grandfather for denying her love. To destroy our kingdom. Do you not think that she could appear in any pretty package so to entice you in and make you believe anything she says. To cloud your mind.......your judgement..................to gain your assistance in bringing down all that we know........" The elven king retorted angrily, as he glared at his only child. The look in Legolas' eyes, as equally as irate as the kings.

"She has done nothing of the sort. (Y/n) saved me. She kept me from being taken by the darkness of the forest. She would not have done that if she wanted to destroy our line. She loved grandfather and he loved her. It was those that followed the Necromancer that took her to Dol Guldur, against her will; he wanted her for his own. And when she refused him; refused to surrender herself, her love for Oropher. Refused to help him spread his evil, he cursed her. His followers besmirching her memory with the stories that we have been told for centuries. And I for one will no longer allow her to be treated in such a fashion. I am to see her again in the morning. She has promised to speak to me of grandfather, of the world as it used to be. About how they travelled over the Blue Mountains after the War of Wrath. And I, in my turn, have promised that I will find a way to free her from her confines. To free her from the evil that imprisons her within the darkest heart of your own kingdom. And nothing.......nothing you, or anyone else can say or do, father, will stop me................" Legolas definitely informed his father. The pair sharing one last look, before the prince stormed from the throne room.

                                                         >>---------------------------------<<

Legolas had been unable to rest. The prince happy to see the darkness of night, finally replaced by the dull light of the new day. The pale haired ellon surprised to find no guards, as he opened the door to his rooms. Sure, that his father would have sent a contingent to try and prevent him from seeing (Y/n). But as it was........Legolas quickly making his way down the long hall, not about to give his father any chance to prevent him from meeting up with the spirit of the forest.

                                                         >>----------------------------------<<

"(Y/n)............?" Legolas called out, as he got to the small clearing. A smile coming to his lips, as he saw the softly glowing, ethereal figure of the lady, make her way through the dead trees.

Not finding any guards outside his room, had been one thing; but not one of his father's men that he had passed, had done anything but bow, either. Legolas not sure what his father was up to, but at this moment, all he wanted to do was speak with the exquisite elleth. To learn more about her, his grandfather, and hopefully, what he might be able to do to free her spirit and body from the powers of the Necromancer.

"You came............." (Y/n) smiled, as she came to the edge of the clearing, taking a seat on the large boulder.

"Of course, I came. I told you that I have no intention of letting you wander alone, any longer................"

"You are too good to me, Legolas. You have no reason to be, given the stories that you have been told............."

"I have every reason. You saved me for one............." The prince replied, as he took a seat on a thick branch that had fallen from one of the surrounding trees. The pair smiling at one another for a moment, until a movement in the foliage behind the prince, caught the elleth's eyes. (Y/n) moving behind the trees, as Legolas drew his bow; and arrow notched, as he waited to face the possible attack of a spider. The weapon only lowered as into the clearing came a familiar, yet unexpected figure.

"Father...............?"