Lady of Love - Part 1 - Elrond x Reader

Words in italics are Sindarin

Lord Elrond looked out of his window, as her heard the clatter of hooves make their way into his realm. He had been expecting the visitor for some time, though he did have to admit that he wasn't quite sure what he was going to becoming face to face with; though he also had to admit that he was quiet interested to find out. His guest, a complete mystery to him, despite the fact that he knew her brother and nephew.

The lady (Y/n). Only daughter of King Oropher. Sister to the current king of the Woodland realm, King Thranduil and aunt of Prince Legolas, was in fact a mystery to many, not just the lord of Imladris. On one hand, he had heard that the lady had been hidden away by her brother, for he feared losing her just as he had his wife. That her beauty had been the inspiration for the White Gems of Lasgalen. A meeting between the lady and the dwarf master smiths when she had been sent to Erebor to request their fashioning on her brother's behalf, for his bride, said to have left the usually gruff and opinionated dwarves, not only dumbstruck but also besotted. The smiths rumoured to have named her The Lady of Love. Yet, on the other hand, Elrond had been informed that she was a warrior. Feared for her skill with not only a bow, but also sword and staff. That instead of being hidden away from prying eyes in the dark kingdom, she had in fact wandered the length and breadth of Middle Earth, fighting all manner of foes. That many dare not even say her name, as they feared her so much. Though that all said, Elrond had to imagine that what would actually be arriving, was something closer to the middle of these too extremes. And as the clatter and sound of horses got closer, he realised that he was soon to find out the truth. The master of Rivendell straightening his clothes before making his way from his office for his day room, so that he could wait for Lindir to bring their guest to him.

>>--------------------------------<<

Lindir made his way down the stairs, smiling softly, as the contingent of Woodland elf soldiers came to a halt in the courtyard. Lindir stopping, as a particularly tall and rather robust guard dismounted their horse and made his way over to a figure that was secreted in the middle of all the others. Carefully taking the reins from the figures hand, and holding a great grey mare steady, as its rider gracefully slipped from its back. The equerry presuming that his had to be the lady that the whole of Imladris had been waiting to see.

Just like others, Lindir had heard competing stories about the younger sister of King Thranduil. Some that would say that she was so unlike her brother. That where Thranduil could be cold and unfeeling, particularly since the loss of his wife; concerned with very little that went on beyond the borders of his kingdom; (Y/n) was said to be warm and quite cheery for an elf. Interested in anything and everything that happened in the world. Yet just like her brother, she was said to love their kingdom, despite what it had become. That her crown was one of leaves, berries and the most beautiful flowers. Flowers that could only be found at the very heart of Mirkwood. The only things not touched by the power of the necromancer that had taken over Amon Lanc. Then there were others that said she was even colder and emotionless than the king. That just like the rest of their Kingdom, the necromancer had infected her with the same darkness that had changed the once beautiful elven kingdom of Greenwood the Great, into Mirkwood. Yet, as the figures feet delicately touched the cobbled floor of the courtyard, Lindir had to admit that he felt no such malignant spirit. If truth be told, he felt exactly the opposite. A sensation of happiness and comfort filling him, as the visitor stepped forward. The dark haired ellon making his way down the last two steps and stopping as he came to stand before the lady and her guard.

"My lady. It is a pleasure to finally have you here in Imladris. Mirkwood's loss is most certainly our gain. My name is Lindir, I am Lord Elrond's equerry. I am here to escort you to my lord..................." Lindir explained. The ellon feeling his mouth become dry, and his palms dampen, as the lady of the dark forest slowly removed her hood to reveal something he was sure that he had never seen before. An elleth that made the even the Lady of Light herself, pale in comparison. To say the princess was beautiful, would be doing her the worst disservice ever. Lindir feeling quite positive that the Star Queen herself; that the Queen of the Valar, Varda Elentári had found her way to Imladris. And he.........well, he, was truly captivated.

"It is a pleasure to meet you also, Lindir. I had been told how beautiful Imladris was, but nothing could prepare me for this. I just wish that I had had an excuse to see it sooner; though now I am here, I intend to make the most of it. For I have no intention of leaving until I know of ever flower. Every tree and leaf, and each well-worn stone that lives in every babbling brook. That is if Lord Elrond will allow it..................." The lady replied. Lindir sure that her voice was the sweetest music that he had ever heard. That it was the morning bird's song. And each syllable was perfect to his keen ear. Her words plucking at his heart strings, just as his fingertips would the stings of his lyre.

"I..............I am sure that he will, my lady. Please...............if you will follow me, I will escort you to my lord.............." Lindir finally managed to reply. Indicating for the lady to follow him. The lady smiling and nodding, before she followed the equerry up the stairs. Her guard closely behind.

>>------------------------------------<<

Elrond turned, as a soft knock came to his door. Calling out for his visitor to enter. A soft smile pulling at the corners of his lips, as Lindir appeared around the heavy wooden ingress.

"Yes Lindir.................?" The half-elven lord enquired, as he made his way towards his friend.

"Princess (Y/n) my lord................." Lindir announced, before opening the door fully. Elrond's eyes growing wide, as he finally saw the face of his guest. The Lord coming to believe that at least one of the stories about the lady were true. That anyone in their right minds, even the dwarves, would describe this elleth before him, as the Lady of Love.