Chapter 6

Damn! It's been a day since I texted Amber last night. I have no idea what happened to her and why she didn't reply.
It's like she suddenly gone ghost on me.
I still didn't get a clear idea of her feelings for me. I can't help but wonder if she even likes me.
It's about time, I wish Sasha would get home soon and give me some insight into yesterday's situation with Amber.

"WHERE THE HELL IS SASHA!" I yelled in frustration

Sasha walked in and rolled her eyes."I am here bro, relax."

Jake was behind her and I saw a slight smirk on his face.
"Come on it is normal to feel like that for a guy after being left on seen by his crush. Isn't it right Kevin?"

"Jake? how come you're here at this hour?"

"Well, I just thought to drop my girlfriend, or I mean your cute little sister back home."

"Jake! Stop kidding", sasha replied

I was annoyed and couldn't control my patience any longer. And why did she even say about me and amber to jake. Now he will keep teasing me.

"Just spit it out already what happened? What did you ask Amber?"

Wait a min, let me put my bag back in my room

"Oh for god's sake", i exclaimed

"Don't worry man chill here let's sit and talk about how your future girlfriend ghosted you,

"You know if you were not my sister's bf you'd be dead."

"Quit it out. I leave for 1 minute and you two make a fuss. So yes I had a talk with Amber during our recess, our other friends were also there so we couldn't talk much about you."

"Did you ask her why she didn't reply and who's that other fucker she was talking about?"

"Well she couldn't message you because her phone's battery was dead and I didn't ask about the guy, she said on her own that she saw a hot random guy that's it."

"Or maybe she lied about the guy ", Jake added

"But why'd she lie?"

"To expose your jealous side which she did.....well, that's a theory."

"But I still am not sure if she likes me."

Oh trust me, she likes you. She blushes during class while thinking about you. We had some talk, day before yesterday about how she felt very anxious when you messaged her for the very first time", Sasha replied

Jake laughed and said,"chill man their university also doesn't allow students to carry smartphones so she couldn't reply today too and it's time she probably reached home and is about to text her handsome hunk."

"Aren't you late for your tennis practice?", I asked

"Oh yea I'm getting late, see ya and when are we having our rematch again?", Jake said as he left.

"Did you forget that I always beat you?? Ah! He's gone. Oh well Sasha, how do you even live with him?"

"Well that's what we call love, to be with someone even if they are sometimes annoying. When you love someone you'll love everything about them. You will understand it someday."

"Ok so should I text Amber or?"

"Don't worry she'll message you when she is free. Nowadays we barely get leisure time, as we're given lots of assignments so I'm going to do that too."

As I lay in my bed, I couldn't stop thinking about Amber. I checked my phone frequently, hoping for a message from her. I still can't forget the eye contact we had in the event.

Suddenly, She messaged me

Her: hii

It felt like a sudden wave of happiness filled inside me. Just a single message from her can shift my mood so much. I never knew she already had this much effect on me.
Quickly I grabbed my phone and began typing.

Me: heyy

Her: sorry for yesterday I couldn't reply to you as my battery died and today morning I was getting late for my classes so I didn't get any time.

Me: It's okay you can message me whenever you're free but can I ask you something?

Her: yeah sure

Me: who was that guy you were talking about? Do you like him?

Her: Nooo😭 he was just a random guy i saw. I don't like him. It's just I never saw a hot guy before. You're good too but I haven't seen any of your pics.

Is she indirectly asking for my pic. Hmm I guess Jake's theory isn't as bad as I thought.
But love you're not getting my pics now you'll have to wait a little longer.

Me: didn't you meet me at the event, you already know how I look. Don't tell me you don't remember🤡

Her: no no its not like that

Me: I remember you clearly, your picture is stamped in my mind for the past couple of days. The instant my eyes layed on you in your black gown I was completely enthralled.

Her: OMG🙈🙈 you like me this much?

Me: any doubt?

Her: I like you too but

Me: but??

Her: I am not ready for a relationship right now. Also this year is crucial for my academics and my exams are in 2 months.

Me: ok then we can get to know each other more till your exams are over.

Her: thanks for understanding❤️

Me: so I was thinking we can meet in person to know eachother better in person...a date?

Her: sure why not

Me: next Sunday?

Her: done... I gotta finish tons of assignments so let's chat later till then keep thinking about me🙈

Me: you too😉...bye

Liked your message

I rushed to Sasha's room to deliver her the good news.

Guess what? I got a date next sunday

Sasha's eyes light up with surprise and happiness as she responds,"Holy shit! Are you serious? That's awesome! Told you she likes you.

"I can't wait for Sunday and meet her in person again"

Yea but have you planned anything for the date?"

No plans yet...but I'm sure we'll figure it out.

(*laughs*)

*************************

*Apology for not publishing a chapter for a month*

Oh my gosh, I'm sorry I took so long to come back and publish a new chapter! I promise it won't be that long again, I'll be publishing regularly again now.

And please be sure to vote comment and add this story to your reading list, I appreciate the support!