He stared me in the eyes and approached me closer "do you want to know?"

I was confused by his words, he suddenly went into his pocket and pulled out a paper "This address...it'll give you all the information you need to save Luke..." He let out with a saddened face.

I looked at Hermes and frowned "I want to, I want to...but how do I? I begged for him to stop lying and he continued...you did this to him; you destroyed his own innocence! Every child deserves to be protected! And you never did that! You're no better of a father than Poseidon for destroying my mother, You two Gods destroyed our lives. You destroyed his life your uncle or whatever he is to you destroyed mine!"

Pausing for a moment to find my words, I continued "and for what? Glory? Power? If it wasn't for Luke, I would've joined him, hell if I could end Poseidon myself I would do it in a heartbeat for what he did to my mom. I wouldn't kill him but make him suffer just like my mom. Perhaps I should make you suffer too. You all have made us suffer enough..."

He stared at me and said "you're not like your brother, you still act mature within your reasons. But what happened to Luke's mom was out of my control."

I shouted "lies!"

The water heard my calling as it rushed up to my hand and I held up a sword made of the element to his neck.

I didn't want to just end it there, I wanted to make this God suffer and feel my pain, Luke's pain. I wanted to see him on his knees begging for my mercy because I would win, I would be in control. I would show a God like him what it means to suffer. What it truly means to love someone, watching them beg for their lives even though they know they're immortal. Watching him grow weak and suffering through all his torment. I wanted him to pay.

I held the sword to his neck as he said "I see that look in your eyes, it's just like my sons. But you, you have more control over it. Impressive may I say Hayley..."

He held his hand and moved the sword from his chin "sometimes the Gods can't intervene with their children. It will only create more problems for them."

I asked him "then what about me? I needed a dad but he decided to just completely disappear. Meanwhile Percy has his moment and I? I get nothing at all. Say it...tell me the truth. If you want me to save your son. Tell the truth."

Hermes seemed hesitant but went on, "I talked to your brother, he was in the stables. I helped him realize that...Poseidon was there for him. And hearing about your trip..."

His mouth shut instantly, he didn't want to say something, "Percy finally recognized what his father did...he told me about your abilities too, he was somewhat envious but I had to remind him that..."

The God paused again hesitant in telling me things and it just made me more annoyed.

"And how...at the worst moment, they had stopped." He finished for a second and looked into my eyes worrisome.

My brows furrowed at his comment, "okay? So?" I asked him.

"You didn't mess up. You were capable of killing the cyclops but you couldn't and that was not your fault at all." He explained and I continued to listen."

He stated, "Your father...felt you. And he stopped you from reaching...a potential." I set down my sword and felt the sword dissolve in my hand.

"What-?" I asked him but no more words left my mouth.

He sighed "most Demi-God don't easily just come up out of nowhere, on the older side and... inexperienced and portray that level of power. Your father notices you. But it's not for the good. He allows you to take control of the water, yes, but he can't help it. You're his daughter."

Listening to God he continued, "so...there have been multiple moments I've heard the whispers from them. Him...in shock of what a kid like you can do. You just started last year at 17 years old. You're old for someone that can display that power in part of the Big 3. If you had started at 12 it would've made sense. But it doesn't."

He suddenly let out, "you're not supposed to be that...powerful with what you can do."

"That's why Poseidon fears you. Other children of the Big 3. That I can remember are sought after for having that much power. They're killed." I sighed and crossed my arms.

"Why are you telling me this? I wanted to kill you five seconds ago. Is it just for mercy? Why would I care of what Poseidon thinks? If he kills me his issues are in the wrong place." He smiled and nodded.

"Yes, you're right. But I think you are the best thing for my son. And I hope that you realize while Poseidon may try his best to ignore you. The God can't because soon enough...I mean I can't see the future; you should ask an oracle. Or perhaps Apollo has seen something and told the sea God. But...I can see you one day, being one of the most powerful Demi-Gods out there."

I wasn't sure if Hermes wanted to butter me up or something. "I had come to give a letter from your father to Percy."

I looked at him and frowned and asked, "why did my father hurt us?"

That question Hermes couldn't clear up, he patted my shoulder "If you are able to scare one of the Big 3. Keep onto that kid."

He smiled and said "Now...I might see you once or twice again to see how it's going with Luke. And I know you can help him."

Hermes went on to add, "but I do have some delivery...and this is how I know you really are Luke's...only hope."

Confused by his words he pulled out a small package and he handed it to me.

"He wouldn't send it through my mail system if it weren't important. Let's keep this to ourselves?" He asked, and I saw the package and looked back at him.

Hermes could've only meant one person...

And even that shocked me a bit...

"You're the only hope this camp has. Think of it as...a secret quest. From me, save my son."

I watched God fly up and away and I sighed watching him go off.

Still feel like I should've killed him. But thinking about his words, about Poseidon.

He stopped me.

I mean...it didn't make sense. Why would a god fear me?

It's not like there is some prophecy that states 'A child of one of the Big 3 shall be the end to them.'

Right...?

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

Surprisingly Hayley didn't kill Hermes, even if she really wants too, hearing what he had to say...well...it only gets worse from here guys but it's good lead on to Book 3!!!

I'm so upset with what will happen in the next few chapters but it's only going to build the next book and build even more for Hayley and Luke's relationship...

Now...what type of package did Hermes give her?

I think you can guess who sent it?