Chapter 25- The Travel and What-Not

Honest to god. I couldn't decide on the song to put. I was so drawn between a couple but I decided to put this one because it helped inspire and motivate me to write this chapter.

Enjoy!

I once again 'slept' the night away, tossing and turning

I once again 'slept' the night away, tossing and turning. By body seemed to disagree with every rock under my once comfortable tent, every chill air wafting through the shut flaps, every sound of cricket or hare passing woke me from my ever growing needed slumber. Gods I missed that fucking dingy hotel I stayed in that one time. I missed my own bedroom even more. I missed my fluffed bed, those giant stuffed pillows of mine, and that godforsaken mattress I owned that I have yet to see in months. I wondered how it felt, to feel it again. Would I even feel comfort in it anymore? Have I messed up my ever aching back enough where comfort is not my friend anymore? These thoughts seared inside my mind like a burning knife. Oh, and...

Astarion

I hated how much I thought of his warm arms when the chilly night are decided to flow into the holes and crevices of my tent. I hated that I was usually the warm one, but the more he flushed and the more we touched he would turn into a living heater made for my comfort. 

I hated that even now as the morning sun rose, the light flashing across my face as it did so, I wanted to desperately to cuddle inside of his chest and act as if it didn't exist. My pillows didn't smell as deeply as him as they once did, and I despise that I missed it. I breathed them in deeply, the faintest scent of his burban like scent still seeping from inside. 

The light fluttering in only heightened my wake, and even while the sleep pulled at me to come back to bed, I refused and finally sat up. My tent felt dull, all my items still inside boxes and pouches elsewhere, while it consisted of a torch that was left unlit and my bedding. Somehow, it never felt emptier. I needed to leave here, away from the feeling. I wouldn't dwell on it any longer. 

I opened the flap of my tent in one hurried pull, my feet cold from the dirt floor, yet uncaring of how chilly the air was. My body still felt warm in comparison to it with my embarrassment and self pity all too warming. I sighed, watching the chill air create a cloud from my breath. I put my hands onto my knees. Not to catch my breath from a run as it would seem from my ragged breaths, but rather to take a fucking chill pill. 

I needed to go home. I needed to get away from it all. Fuck this camp, fuck the people in it. I wanted to go home. 

While It was generous to house me, and more than generous to even offer a friendly hand and conversation, I would rather die than dwell another night in that fucking tent. I stretched my posture straight as I tried to crack my sore back, letting my head hang high for a moment before I sighed. I hissed in that cool air with an almost euphoric sensation of warm and cold draining the sleep from my body. 

Fine. I'll be productive today. 

"Woah, already done packing it seems?" Karlach's voice startled me. The fire I had started earlier seemed to be getting quite dull, but that was normal for the hour it had been lit. I looked up at the giant woman, her flames seeming to disagree with the chill of the morning air. "It's quite early, soldier, hardly the time knowing Tav probably won't be up by noon."