Love?

Chapter 14
Love?

[Y/N] wondered back to her room, her mind running rapid over the word 'love'. Could it really be a possibility that she had fallen in love? With the very omnic who wished she did not exist just a couple weeks ago. [Y/N] enters her room, closing the door behind her and sitting upright on her bed. She went to Mondatta in hopes of easing her thoughts, but truthfully, its made it worse. "Love..." she whispers to herself.

You see, the human girl has never once fallen for another. This feeling was completely new. She was going into this new found emotion completely blind. She was clueless.

[Y/N] sighs, rubbing circles on her temples with her index fingers. She wanted to know more, but felt too embarrassed to ask anyone. "Library- the library might have answers." She darts up and speed walks for her door, but as she places her hand on the door handle, she pauses.

I-its probably... for the best I try and avoid Ramattra for now....

She thinks to herself before slowly opening her door and peering her head around the corner making sure there was no sign of the very Omnic she wished to avoid for at least the day. Thankfully due to his larger build, he is easier to spot from afar and within crowds. Once she deemed the coast to be clear, she stepped out of her door, silently closing the door behind her, then walking down the halls towards the library, being careful around each corner as to not run into Ramattra.

After making it to the library, she wonders about each section, trying to find the appropriate books. She wondered though Romance, Psychology, Human and Omnic Biology as well as Omnic Minds. Romance was a lost cause, but she managed to find 4 other books. 2 based around Humam minds and 2 based around Omnic minds and builds. She held the surprisingly heavy books close to her chest as she wondered through each section, eventually stumbling across the 'Lifestyle' and 'Life Adivce' section. She smiles reading the label, then looks around, noticing a small table which was free just in the corner. [Y/N] quickly goes to the table, placing down the 4 pre picked books, then returns to her search. Her eyes and finger scanned each book, eventually falling on a bank cover with the title of 'Understanding Love Languages'. She picks it up, then further down notices the title of 'Tne Stages Of Falling In Love'.

Satisfied with her picks, she returns to her table, kneeling down on the pillow on the floor. She scans the 6 books before her, suddenly getting nervous for her research. Her head pounds in her chest as she reads each title individually over and over. [Y/N] groans, placing her head on the table.

What if I don't like what I read?

Or what if I don't find what I'm feeling?

Or if it turns out its NOT love, what then?

She worries about the outcomes of her research, lifting her head slightly so that her chin was on the table, staring directly at the books. She sighs, sitting back up straight.

It's better to know then be in the dark...

She reaches for her first book, The Stages Of Falling In Love. Sne holds it in front of her, staring at its cover, she takes a deep breath then slowly opens it. Her research begins.

As she read the first stage. Her eyes widened.

This is... exactly how I feel..?

She scanned the pages. 'Stage 1: Your chest aches, your face burns, your mind runs so rapid you can't keep up. You feel so giddy, like a high-schooler to the point your almost nervous. This is your first step." [Y/N]s eyebrows furrow reading the first few lines. She skips straight to the next stage. 'Stsge 2: You have discovered your new found feelings, causing you to feel even more nervous. Any attention from your love interest makes you want to float. You crave their time and attention-' she frowns.

This feeling gets worse before it gets better...?

'-you constantly go out your way to please them or just to simply see them. This is when you realise just the extent of your feelings. Some discover it is simply a Sexual Attracrion during this stage, while others will discover it is more then just the Physical Attraction, it is the Psychological Attraction too. We call this the Discovery Step.'

Physical and Psychological Attraction...?

[Y/N]s cheeks dust a light shade of pink, all of this information was so new to her she was almost embarrassed to be reading it. Her eyes make a quick check of her surroundings, making sure no one was within eye shot. She decides to stop reading that book for now. Stage 1 confirming her feelings to be indeed love. She sighs, closing the book.

Father was right, it IS love.

She looks at the books, then she piles them ontop of one another, picking up the stack snd speed walking to her room. [Y/N] wanted to continue her research, but in a more private space. The very thought of someone pointing out the books she was reading was sending her mind crazy, she did not want anyone else amongst the Monastary to know.

[Y/N] enters her room, still being carful to avoid Ramattra. She kicks the door shut behind her, placing the books down to her bed, then for the first time in a while, she locks her door. She had full intent to spend the day continuing her research.

-

Meanwhile, at a different part of the Monastary, in a private tutoring room, sat Ramattra and Mondatta. "You want to learn more about Humans?" Mondatta tilts his head to the omnic sat across the table from him. Ramattra nods, not speaking in response. "You want to learn, from me? Why?" Ramattra takes a deep breathe.

"Not only did you raise one, but you appear to be the most understanding of humans." He looks away from Mondatta, slightly embarrassed. "And I trust you the most... with the information of knowing I am beginning to gain interest in humans...." He mumbles. Mondatta nods connecting the dots.

They're BOTH in love. This is a pair I never would have guessed to happen... never.

-

-

-

1063 Words

[Next chapter is going to be mainly following Ram and Mondatta!!!! :)]