First Interaction

Chapter 3
First Interaction

After spending the evening with her father, having some dinner and helping him clean down, [Y/N] now slowly made her way to her room, during the evening spent with her father she learnt more about this 'Ramattra', more specifically about his specific kind. He is a R-7000 unit, or also known as a Ravenger amongst the fearful humans. During the war he lead omnics into battle, known to be the most brutal 'war machine' during the crisis. So naturally he was the more feared omnic, especially since now he's the last of his kind standing. This story of his kind saddened [Y/N]. Knowing he did not hate humans just for the afternath of the war, that his hatred was fueled far beyond that. He is a damaged soul,.

As she wondered the halls in darkness, her mind ran rapid, feeling sorry for this new comer and her want to befriend him becoming greater, but she was unsure of how to start. Yes their rooms were next to eachother, which is something her father has never done before, but she was unsure of his reaction when he finds out his room neighbour is a human, the only human of the Monastary to be correct.

She sighs then groans silently, rubbing her temples as she reaches the hall of her room, slowly approaching her door. "This is going to be so difficult..." she mumbles to herself, opening her room door and closing it shut behind her. [Y/N] lights the candle on her desk to produce light in her room, realising she left her snack and drink there, mentally scolding herself. She takes off her clothes, throwing them into her washing basket, making a mental note to do her laundry tomorrow, then puts on her night robe over her body, tying it shut. [Y/N] then opens the doors to her balcony, ready to admire the night sky before bed. She reaches the stone railing, leaning her elbows on it and using one hand to prop up her head by her chin. She looks at the lights of the Shamball streets, exhaling through her nose. "I wonder what it's like down there at night..." then [Y/N]s eyes wonder to the night sky, admiring the stars that filled the sky. She straightens her back as she unties her hair, allowing it to fall flat, then she removes her hair beads. Deciding its time for some sleep she returns back inside, shutting the doors then placing her hair accessories on her desk, then removing her beaded necklace, she yawns and stretches, practically collapsing in her bed.

Little did she know, a specific omnic was sat on the neighbouring balcony, also admiring the night stars.

-

It was the next morning, [Y/N] got herself dressed into her usual outfit. She grabbed her cup and snack from the night before to bring back to the mini kitchen before morning meditation. She exits her room, shutting the door behind her, just as she did, she turned to look besides her to see her neighbour was also leaving his room, but with his back to her. A smile grew across the girls face watching him walk down the hall. He wore the traditional monk robes that all omnics are given at arrival (Wandering Monk skin), except he wore a long scarf/cape with it, it being slightly torn at the ends. She began to jog to catch up to him, thinking it was her chance to talk to him properly. "Hey!" She shouts out, making him pause then look over his shoulder.

[Y/N] catches up to him, the dots on his forehead glowing deep red. "Ramattra right? Your my new neighbour it seems!" He turns forward again, continuing his walk down the halls. [Y/N] reaches besides him, walking at the same pace as he was. "Heading to morning meditation?" She asks, but recieves no response. "I assume you'll be spending the day with father afterwards. He usually shows new comers each individual activity room and gives them some chores to start the week after their arrival. You'll like the activity rooms! There's so many to choose from! Even I struggle to pick one, but I'd say my favourite is the arts and crafts." She begins to talk his head off while she kept a bright warm smile. "There's soooooo many different ways you can use arts and crafts, I think most tend to paint." She turns her head up to look at Ramattra as they walk side by side. "Any hobbies in mind you'd like to partake in? Name anything we probably have it here!" She asks, but again gains no response. She pauses her ramble as she looks forward again. "Not a talker? That's okay, most are pretty quiet on their first day's here. You'll love it here, I just know it!" [Y/N] says cheerfully, saying anything she could to make conversation. Silence falls amongst them again, as they approach hers and Mondattas living space. The sounds of their feet hitting the floor filling the hallways.

"I wish not to speak with a mere human." Ramattra finally speaks up, his voice being surprisingly deep, this shocked her as all the other omnics tend to have rather soft and soothing voices, but not Ramattra.

"O-Oh well that's okay! I have to run some things into our living quarters before heading to the meditation groumds, so I'll see you there?" She says as they finally reach the entrance to her living space, Ramattra grunts as he continues to walk forward, heading to the meditation grounds. [Y/N] sighs as she watches him leave, then opens the door letting herself inside. She didn't even have to look around the room to know her father was present. Instead she went straight to the mini kitchen, placing her snack from the night before on the counter, and emptying her cup in the sink.

"Good morning, my child." Mondatta speaks up from where he stood, instead of being sat at their table, he stood looking out of the large window, looking down at their general courtyard. "You have spoken with Ramattra?" The girl hums in response, then places her hands on the counter, leaning on it with her head low.

"Yeah... it was mainly me talking. The only reply I got was a grunt and 'I wish not to speak with a mere human'." Mondatta nods slowly, his hands held infront of him.

"It was a interaction nonetheless, and he was not hostile. I'd say thats progress for now."

"Yeah... I guess..." [Y/N] sighs, realising how hard getting this new omnic out of his shell will be.

"Do not stress, my child. Time will heal his soul."

"I know I know." She stands straight, turning to face where her father stood. She smiles softly, walking to join besides him and look at the view of the window. "What are the plans for today?" She changes the topic.

"Well, I shall be showing Ramattra each room in our vacility, discussing in detail what life is like here, and giving him his weekly routine to prepare for next week." She nods in response.

"The usual then."

"Exactly that. And what do you plan to do with your day?"

"Well I have some laundry to do first, after that I am unsure. Maybe join in on the dance room?" Mondatta hums, turning his head to admire his daughter.

"That sounds fantastic." He turns his head back to the window, silence falling between them. [Y/N] huffs, stepping closer to her father and leaning her head against his shoulder. Mondatta does not move as she does so, allowing her to do as she pleases, knowing this is a form of comfort for her when she's stressed.

After a while of enjoying the comfortable silence, [Y/N[ lifts her head up and breaks the silence. "We should start morning meditation." Mondatta nods, then they both leave the room.

-

-

-

1334 Words