Slow Progress

Chapter 6
Slow Progress

It was currently the evening, just after evening meditation. Mondatta and [Y/N] sat in their living space, [Y/N] was eating a meal made by a fellow chef omnic who wanted her to test their goods, while Mondatta sat opposite her asking her about the events of today.

"Well, Sister Penatta and Sister Genatta learnt how to style hair today in their hair dressing lesson so they practiced it on me, I must say it was pretty fascinating, I can't describe what they did to my hair but it was amazing!"

"I see, potential hair dressers?"

"Oh absolutely!"

"Sounds interesting, my child."

"Seems like everyone is getting on amazingly at their interests." She shoves another spoon full of her dish into her mouth with a satisfied smile. "Because this food is delicious!" She says between chews, her words coming out muffled, making Mondatta chuckle and shake his head at her sudden lack of manners. She swollows her food, her smile then disappearing as she thinks about her day. Mondatta hums as he notices her change.

"What is it, [Y/N]?"

"Hm?"

"Your deep in thought, it seems." She sighs, then lowers her spoon.

"Yeah... its about Ramattra."

"Oh? Nothing too serious I hope?"

"No, no. Some progress I suppose? I'm not really sure to be honest, Father."

"Do explain." [Y/N] nods, then places her hands in her lap as she explains the situation.

"Well, while I was with the twin sisters, he came into the courtyard and just sat to watch us? I didn't find it uncomforting or anything, of course."

"Did it feel like a bad glare, or good?"

"I... I'm not sure? It felt like... both? But more good?" She begins to question herself.

"I see..."

"After the girls had finished and left, i sat with him, just to see if I could make more progress. He told me he didn't want to speak with me, but he didn't move? He stayed put the entire time I was besides him. Did not move a muscle. "

"Hmm..." Mondatta nods as she speaks, thinking.

[Y/N] turned her head to the large window facing the courtyard. "I made a small birds nest while I sat with him, he seemed curious and even asked what I was doing without me saying anything to him first. So I think that's progress?" She faces back to him, Mondatta nodding at her words.

"I'd say that is indeed progress, my child."

"I took the birds nest to my balcony, I asked if he'd like to join me in placing it there but he ignored my request."

"That's perfectly fine, he still engaged with you without you starting it, it is best to not test the boundaries. Remember it's only his first full day here, recovering from such a tough background."

"I know I know." [Y/N] shook her head after a long pause, then picked up her spoon again. "Well how did his introduction go?" She carried on the conversation as they enjoyed the rest of their evening together.