The Streets Of Shambali

Chapter 8
The Streets Of Shambali

[Y/N] sat in hers and Mondattas living space, it was midday and she awaited her fathers company. She sat on a mat which was infront of the large window that looked down upon the courtyard of the Monastary. After last night's offer from Ramattra, the girl was seriously considering revisiting the streets of Shambali. She thought that maybe the people whom roamed the streets had changed within 2 years? Considering they have a Omnic Monastary just beyond their streets that maybe they have grown used to omnics, but she seeked her fathers opinion before making a decision.

If the human girl was being honest, she is surprised and confused on Ramattras sudden change of heart. Just days prior she could not even get a word out of him, but now he is offering to provide her some company during her potential adventure down a street crawling with the very being's he cannot stand. She convinced herself Mondatta had something to do with it. Just as she thought of the weird situation, the soft voice of her father breaks her out of it. "Good morning, my child." [Y/N] jumps slightly, his sudden presence shocking her as she didn't even hear the door open.

"M-morning, Father." Mondatta chuckles at her surprise, she looks over her shoulder as they speak.

"Not like you to be hanging around here after morning meditation, what's the occasion?" Mondatta stands on the opposite side of the room, hands behind his back.

"Well, I was hoping to discuss some things with you." [Y/N] turns back to the window as he hums in response. He walks besides her then takes a seat on his knees, also looking out the window.

"What is troubling you?" The girl takes a deep breath before answering.

"I've been thinking about revisiting the streets of Shambali." She replies with no hesitation, taking Mondatta aback.

"Really? Why the sudden change of heart?"

"Well..." she starts before pausing. Then takes a deep breathe. "...it appears Ramattra has had a sudden change of heart. Towards me."

"...he has?" [Y/N] nods. "That's... surprising? But what does he have to do with your exploration of Shambali?"

"He offered to assist me on my journey." Mondatta snaps his head to [Y/N] in pure shock and surprise. The girl wanted the conversation to get straight to the point, rather then dragging it out.

"My that IS a sudden change. I have no words... I did not expect such a thing from him..." [Y/N] nods then turns to him.

"Did you have something to do with it, Father?" Mondatta pauses, looking back out the window, gazing upon the courtyard below. [Y/N] waited for a response, but guessing by the delay, she assumed her assumption was correct. She sighs, about to speak once more, but was interrupted.

"I did not influence this OFFER, no. However, he has been asking me many questions reguarding yourself since his arrival. So, my answers may have influenced his OPINION on you." Mondatta places his hands in his lap as he watches the omnics amongst the courtyard go about their day. "I am shocked his opinion has shifted so quickly, quicker then expected. And to this extent?" Mondatta thinks about what he told Ramattra the day before, thinking if what he said pushed him to change. [Y/N] nods, her eyes never leaving the courtyard.

"As long as you did not push the matter. Only accidentally influence it." She confirms one last time, her omnic father humming in response.