Human Activities

Chapter 4
Human Activities

[Y/N] walked through the main halls, heading to the laundry room with a basket of dirty clothes rested on her hip as she walks. She peeks her head around the corner of the laundry room, then smiles seeing some of her fellow sisters in the room also doing some laundry.

Remember the activity rooms? Well there are also rooms for 'human' activities. These more human activities range from laundry, to hair dressing, to farming, to nursing. These activities are often refered to as human 'jobs', these rooms are available to the ones who wish to take on human roles outside of the Monastary. The options amongst the Monastary were truly endless. "Good morning sisters!" [Y/N] greets as she walks into the room, the fellow omnics stopped their activity to face the girl, they all wave in unison, [Y/N] returning a smile.

"Good morning, sister. Weekly laundry?" One omnic asks, her voice delicate and soothing. The girl nods.

"Yep." As she answers she kneels before a empty wash bowl. You see, laundry is not done in a machine, it is done by hand. Like in the olden days. The Monastary stayed traditional with laundry.

[Y/N[ emptied her basket into the water bowl, then walks to the shelves which held all the necessary liquids. Once picking out her prefered smell, she takes it back to her station, kneeling down and emptying some of the substance into the bowl. She then mixes it up with her hands, before beginning to need her clothes in the water, the strong smell of the fragrance hitting her senses. "-Yeah, who was that?" [Y/N] over hears the other females in the room, not even realising she had blocked out their voices. Her ears perk up, wanting to listen.

"Hes our new member, Sister."

"I know that, but he looks so. Different?"

"Hm. He does."

"Hes kind of scary, don't you think?"

"No not at all, just because he looks different doesn't mean he's scary don't be ridiculous!" They chatted amongst themselves. [Y/N] knew instantly who they were talking about.

She was too busy worrying about his hatred towards her kind to even realise his differences to the other members of the Monastary. She never once thought what they'd think. Afterall, they accept [Y/N] with wide open arms, despite her differences, so she didn't think his differences would be different. Their opinions on his built never once crossed her mind until now. [Y/N[ lifts her head and turns to the girls behind her. "You think he's scary, sister?" The one who thought Ramattra was 'scary' turns to face her, then puts her arms up in defense.

"Not in a mean way! It's just... I've never seen someone of his kind, is all." [Y/N] nods at the response.

"It's okay, I understand. But do be kind to him, his mindset is different to ours of the Monastary, we want him to feel welcomed." She smiles softly as she lightly explains the situation without giving deep details. The sisters nod then return to needing the laundry in the soapy water bowls.

-

Meanwhile, Master Mondatta and Ramattra walked side by side down the large halls of the Monastary. Mondatta held his hands behind his back, while Ramattra held his own by his sides. "-All of these rooms are not operated by myself. Infact its ran by a different person in each room, they are who supply what is needed for the room, so you can imagine you have plenty of options for activities here." Ramattra listens but chooses to not reply. "It was [Y/N]s idea to have free rooms for hobbies to be hosted, and I'd say it was one of the best decisions we made here, it's given all of our people individuality, and it even prepares them for the day they choose to leave the Monastary." They walk past multiple rooms, all being active with fellow omnics enjoying there hobby. "Our rooms don't just consist of hobbies, we have some teaching rooms again hosted by others, we have some more human activities to allow us to explore the more human jobs such as baking, hair dressing, even babysitting." He says as he passes the human side of the rooms, every room they walked past, Ramattra looked inside, curious to his words.

"Why hold these 'human' jobs?" He asks Mondatta softly.

"Well, it allows us to understand humans more, by understanding their jobs and needs. A group of Omnics were inspired by [Y/N]s different living style, thus the creation of these rooms, she often goes into each to be their tester for their learnings." Ramattra hums at his words, not knowing what to say. "I can sense your uncertainty, brother."

"I just... don't understand... why do they look-up to and practically follow.... a human..?" They come to a stop in the hallway. Before Mondatta could reply, 2 other omnics run past them, causing them to watch them.

"Sister [Y/N]!" There she stood at the end of the hallway, holding a basket of her now washed and wet clothes, she was just on her way back to her room to hang it all up to dry. The sisters spoke in unison as they ran to her, making her stop to turn to them.

"Hm? What's wrong sisters? And do be careful running in the halls!"

"Ah- sorry!" They both come to a stop as one replys, bowing slightly in apology.

"We've just learnt how to style hair!" The other says with excitement in her voice. [Y/N] smiles and tilts her head slightly.

"Wow that's amazing!"

"We was wondering if we could uh..." the other starts to ask but gets nervous, playing with her fingers.

"Could we practice in your hair, please?!" The other finishes her sentence, as she holds up a comb and some hair ties. [Y/N] chuckles and straightens her head.

"Of course! I'll just take back these clothes then we'll sit in the courtyard? Meet me there in a couple of minutes." The both nod instantly.

"Thank you, sister! We'll see you there!" They bow and thank the girl in unison as she waves them off, with that the 3 cleared out of Mondatta and Ramattras sight. Mondatta sighs, turning to look up to Ramattra.

"I do not expect you to understand. It is only your first day with us. But just know, they respect [Y/N] just as much as they do each other. They do not think she is superior to them, nor beneath them." He then looks straight at were she was just stood. "I just wish that one day, you'll come to do the same." Ramattra does not reply, feeling lost at his words. They then begin to walk once more, except Ramattra walked slightly behind Mondatta. "Now, shall we continue?"

-

-

-

1147 Words