The Night Sky

Chapter 7
The Night Sky

It has been just over a week since Ramattras arrival. During this time the 2 had small occasional interactions and their paths often crossed. It was the same each time, [Y/N] talked the omnics head off and attempted to interact with him, but got hardly any responses. The omnic often tried to avoid her, but he also found himself curious of what she would talk about, her consistency interested him.

No other omnics interact with Ramattra. They think his build is 'scary' and 'intimidating', therefore making them avoid contact with him. Instead, Ramattra spends alot of his time with Master Mondatta or on his own, unless his lonesome was interrupted by the usual human. Mondatta often gave him private lessons on 'the iris'. Ramattra asking questions on the human girl who roamed the Monastary durihg his time with Mondatta as his curiosity grew bigger and bigger, as much as he hated this curiosity.

Today it was the evening, the sky beginning to turn to night as Ramattra and Mondatta took a evening stroll. Today he had not interacted with [Y/N], and for some reason, it bothered him though he wasnt sure why it did ao. this evening was another day of asking Mondatta about his human 'daughter'. He wanted an answer as to why the lack of interaction bothered him so.

"Your bothered by her lack of presence, brother?" Mondatta asks, confirming what he just heard. Ramattra nods and hums.

"I am, but I do not know why. Her very presence infuriates me, yet it also soothes me. I can't describe it, Master Mondatta." Mondatta silent as he listens. "I admire how she interacts with fellow omnics, however I also want to hate her for being human. I am lost and confused." Mondatta hums as he walks besides the taller omnic with his hands either side of him.

"You are not the first to be conflicted, brother. However, you are the first to be so stubborn." He chuckles, Ramattra does not reply. "I think you do accept her, but your trying to force yourself to stick to your usual stubborn mindset. [Y/N] has proven over and over again she is true to us and her up bringing."

"How so?" Ramattra looks down to Mondatta besides him with his head tilted slightly.

"Well, she has complete freedom to leave. Yet she has not. She has stayed on her own free will, yes she has left the Monastary to explore the streets of Shambali but she has always come back, wanting to stay." Ramattra listens, looking back forward. "The last time she set out was about 2 years ago..." Mondatta pauses, then sighs. "... I shouldn't be the one to tell you this, but if it'll help you understand her more then I'll let it slide. She hasn't set out since due to the treatment she recieved..."

"Treatment?"

"...she came back that day beaten. The way the people of Shambali treated her is the same they treat our kind. Except the damage is more apparent for her human body." Ramattra froze, he had no idea of this fact, he assumed she didn't leave because she was either too busy or Mondatta forbid it. His assumption was far from correct. Mondatta also stopped in his tracks, to look at Ramattra. "Has that answered some of your yet to ask questions, Ramattra?" He slowly looks to Mondatta, then nods. "There is still alot you do not know about young [Y/N]. But I'd suggest you figure them out for yourself rather then asking myself. You clearly enjoy her company, so why not get yourself more involved in her conversations?" Mondatta then turns around to continue walking ahead of Ramattra, waving him off from behind. "Goodnight, brother." Mondatta leaves him stood in the empty halls alone.

-

[Y/N] stood at her balcony, her room door left wide open as a habit of hers. She had one elbow leant on the railing witn her hand supporting up her head as she stroked the soft feathers of the bird chirping before her. Since the week prior, the same bird had been making a regular appearance, officially crowning the nest as theirs.

The human girl stared down at the streets of Shambali, huffing. She always wondered what it was like at night, but she feared entering the streets after her incident 2 years ago. [Y/N] then looked up to the night sky, full of stars, a soft smile growing across her face. Counting the night skies stars was one of her favourite activities, the sky was just so beautiful at night, counting its stars was a calming method she had developed over the years.

[Y/N] then felt it, a presence at her door, she didn't even have to turn around to know who it was. "It's okay to come in. I leave the door open to welcome some company on purpose." She says softly, not turning around. After a few seconds she heard the footsteps approach her at the balcony. The bird whom sat infront of her flies away then [Y/N] looks up to the omnic who now stood besides her, Ramattra. "Unusual for you to come to me before I come to you." She then looks back up to the sky. "I've lost count of my stars now..."

"...you count the stars too?" Ramattra says, surprising the girl. He had barely said a thing to her since the day of the nest building.  "I often wondered just how many others are counting the stars."

"Well, now you know at least one person who does." She chuckles softly. The 2 sit in peaceful silence as they admire the night sky together. [Y/N]s eyes slowly move from the stars to the streets once more, then a lightbulb hit her. "Hey, Ramattra?" The omnic hums, looking down to her. She points her finger to the streets of Shambali. "Have you ever been?" He follows her finger, then shakes his head no.

"I wish to not interact with humans." [Y/N] nods, taking that answer, then she smirks.

"Oh but your interacting with me right now."

"I am, your different, I've come to realise that."

"I see..." a big smile grows on her face, "I'm glad."

"Have you been down there?" He asks, obviously he knew the answer.

"I used to go often, but their cruel actions and words became too much. If I was to go again, I wouldn't go alone." Ramattra nods at her reply.

"I... I could go with you..?" Her head snaps up to his form with surprise, her lips parting slightly.

"You'd really do that..?" Ramattra nods. "Are you okay? Has my father made You do th-"

"No, I'm genuinely offering, human." He looks down to her. "Your father has no involvement. I can assure you."

"I may take you up on that offer, Ramattra. Thank you. Why the sudden change, huh?" She nudges his arm with her elbow, making him grunt slightly.

"I have just grown to understand you are not like other humans, is all."

"I suppose I'll take that answer." For the rest of the night the 2 counted the stars in comfortable silence, eventually Ramattra heading off to his own room.

The one thing [Y/N] noticed during his stay with her, was that the dots on his forehead that usually shine bright red when in her presence did not shine, they stayed the same usual shade all night lomg.

-

-

-

1248 Words