Ramattra

Chapter 2
Ramattra

After Mondatta entered the Monastary, he asked [Y/N] to take care of the evening meditation while he shows the new comer around and discusses life among the Monastar breifly.. So, her fathers orders are young [Y/N]s command as she meditates with the other omnics. While she sat amongst the humming of the omnics, [Y/N] could not turn off her thoughts, this new comer was different to any other omnic who's walked past the Monastary gates. She had this 'feeling' which didn't feel bad nor good, she couldn't describe this feeling.

[Y/N]s eyes began to tighten and her hands shaking slightly as her thoughts kept asking questions, completely unable to focus on the meditation.

Why can't I focus... this has never happened before...

This one is different to the rest... a former war omnic potentially...? Poor soul.

Father said he loathes humans...

He's going to be difficult... I just know it...

I'll work on him... I'll make him realise humans aren't so bad... I can do that, right..?

The hour finally came to an end, [Y/N] sighing as she let's her hands rest in her lap. She takes a deep breath as she stands to her feet, giving all omnics her goodbye bow and leaving the grounds, heading towards hers and Mondattas living space. The hallways were silent, the only noise being the sound of her feet pitter pattering against the floor. She finally reached the living space door, as she was about to enter, the door flies open, revealing a tall figure completely toweing over her making her take a step back. "Wow..." she says to herself lowley, then a smile spreads across her face. "Nice to meet you! I assume your the new comer?" She put hers hands behind her back as she looks up to him. The omnic says nothing. "I'm [Y/N]. I hope your liking things so f-" before she could finish, the omnic barged past her, slightly nudging her shoulder. She turns around to watch him leave down the hallway with disappointment in her face.

"I'm sorry about him, my child. Come, we have much to discuss." [Y/N] turns back to the doorway, seeing Mondatta stood there. She nods at his words as she walks in, Mondatta shutting the door behind her as she enters, she sits on her knees in her usual place while Mondatta goes to the mini kitchen to start a cup of tea. "So, how was the Monastary in my absence?"

"Good actually." [Y/N] keeps her hands in her lap as they speak, watching as her father makes her drink. "Morning meditation as usual, then I took a look at each activity room, to see how well everyone is doing in them." Mondatta hums in response as he puts in her usual number of sugars into her favourite cup. "Everyone is getting on fantastically, it's so fascinating seeing what they're up to, they've all developed individual prefered interests and they're all strengthening them in their own way. Each one was different. Truly a fascinating sight. It was nice watching rather then taking part for the day, it made me realise just how amazing they've each become." [Y/N] smiles to herself as she talks about her day. "It's been a amazing day, I'd like to start spectating at each activity room more often." Mondatta nods, finishing the cup of tea, picking it up and walking to [Y/N], placing it infront of her on the table then taking his usual spot opposite her.

"I'm glad you've had a good day. A day filled with many discoveries it seems. You should allow then to tutor you, instead of trying something new alome." [Y/N] nods in response, taking a sip of her tea, placing the cup back down and putting her hands back in her lap, then looking back up to her father.

"I think i may." She smiles. "So, what happened?" Mondatta sighs at her question, knowing she'd want to know the details as soon as, she's always been a curious soul.

"Our brothers and sisters were correct. He's stubborn." The girl nods.

"How'd you manage to bring him in?"

"It was tough, but I stayed persistent. Eventually, he said he'd try. But..." Mondatta pauses, making [Y/N] tilt her head to the side slightly.

"But?"

"I did not inform him that we had a human under our wing. So as you can imagine, he was furious when he saw you at the entrance, before the crowd. He was more angry at the fact our brothers and sisters followed your actions."

"Oh... has he left..?"

"No, no not at all. After I explained the situation, he was still unhappy of course, but was still willing to learn our ways." [Y/N] sighs in relief.

"That's good at least."

"[Y/N]. Your just the human he needs. You can restore his faith, just as you have with others, I just know it." She smiles at his kind words, her cheeks going a light shade of pink.

"I'd like to think so, Father. But he seems more hatful then any other we've helped."

"I think you should make it your goal to interact with him more. Befriend him. Show him your bright welcoming smile that we all love." Mondatta puts his hand over the table for [Y/N] to take, which she happily does, placing her hand into his. Mondatta closes his hand around her small one. "You truly are a wonderful being, my child. It'll be a slow process, and that's okay. Just teach him that not all humans are what hes used to."

"I'll do my best. You know I will."

"I do. However, don't push yourself onto him. Take it slow. Start with small interactions, then build it up." [Y/N] nods in response. "His room is next to yours, I think it'll be good for him."

"Wow, you never let anyone near our rooms, he really must be special." She softly chuckles, Mondatta nodding at her words.

"Just... be careful... I fear if his mind does not change towards humans, that you could be in danger. You could be the target for his hate. If he begins to feel more 'hostile' then you must leave him be. If he lays a finger on you, he will be asked to leave the Monastary." [Y/N] nods slowly.

"Yes father."

"It's late, have you eaten?" [Y/N] shakes her head no. "In that case, why don't I cook for you today? Your favourite?" Her smile grows more. Mondatta doesn't cook often anymore now that [Y/N] can either do it herself or have the goods the members of the cookery room make, but when he does cook, it's the highlight of her day. He chuckles at her response, letting go of her hand and standing from his space. "I knew you wouldn't say no."

As he walks to the mini kitchen to prepare his daughters favourite dish, she speaks once more. "Whats his name?" Mondatta has a long pause before answering her question.

"His name is Ramattra."

"Ramattra... could you tell me more about him? I'm curious as he's so different to any other omnic I've seen." Mondatta chuckles.

"Curious as always, [Y/N]."

-

-

-

1225 Words