Let it go: 08

"Incredible change happens in your life when you decide to take control of what you do have power over instead of craving control over what you don't."

__

Success. What is success?

Success is using the stuff you have in order to do something productive. We never heard Thomas Edison complain of having shortage of resources while inventing the light bulb. He used many things including lemons, which is easily found. The light bulb was invented with very simple resources, and by that smart thinking of Thomas Edison, the light bulb and the electricity we see nowadays wouldn't be here. He didn't crave having other resources and electricity; instead, he used his brain. 

I, for example, used an old box to make a house for a project once. It took me A LOT of time to make the box into something productive, but it was worth it. In every resource used, there was a smart idea that contributed into the making of the house. Therefore, I won an award from the school because of that project.

So we don't have extraordinary resources? The world didn't end. 

The poor don't have the money to build roofs, yet they used what they have; cartons, to build it. It's not as amazing as having a roof, but at least they're protected.