Chapter 15: The History of Regulus + Omake

Ever in motion, 'she' drifts with nature's sway;

Imitating the leaf in the river that floats away.

Lost in the miniature garden, 'he' stands still;

Immovable like a mountain before nature's will.

Chapter 15: The History of Regulus

Reimu Hakurei P.O.V

After going through the numerous holes Regulus created on the wall of the palace, I found a girl in pink who seemed to be looking at the girl I caught earlier.

I'll assume that Koishi, who is still on my hand, is the sister of this pink girl since they are look-alike, which is great! One of the reasons I brought Koishi here is so that I could appease the master of the palace as I'll be intruding for a little while. I don't want the master of this palace to be hostile to me because I'm forcing myself into her house or something. I already have a lot of trouble on my plate already, so I don't want to have more. Anyways, where is that Regulus anyway? I didn't see him anywhere. He should be here.

After thinking about those things, the pink-haired girl spoke, "I appreciate that you have some consideration. Regulus is over there past the wall on your right."

Eh? This pink-haired girl just talks out of nowhere? But great, I got the information I wanted without even asking for it. So Regulus is over there, heh? Now the matter of his location is dealt with. The only thing I have to find out is how to bypass that defense.

"You can't as far as I know. Even Regulus himself thinks that nobody can."

The pink-haired girl said something again, who was she talking to anyway? I don't think there is anyone but me and Koishi. Koishi didn't say anything either, and she was still being grabbed by the shirt by me. I should probably release her from my hold now. Wait, thinking that makes me sound like a kidnapper.

"I'm talking to you, Shrine Maiden. And yes, I would like it if you could give me my sister."

Wah? She is talking to me? But I didn't say anything though. ... But yes, I have always thought of doing that. But how did she know that I planned to do that? With me breaking into her house with her sister in my hand, it would be more likely for her to think of me as some sort of kidnapper asking for ransom. That's why I asked her, "How did you know?"

"I heard your intention from the beginning. I can hear your thoughts, that's why."

Ah, so she can read my thoughts? Great, now I don't have to talk, which is convenient. It has been quite troublesome to spell the information about Regulus out to others, so with her able to read my mind, I don't have to say anything and she would understand. And... Koishi is still in my hand. She is oddly obedient, regardless, I'll stop holding on to her now.

...

Huh? Wait a second.

Whom did I say I was going to release again? Wasn't there only this pink-haired girl and me?

???

Meh, whatever. That is probably nothing. I should really go back to the more important thing, which is the fight I'm having with Regulus. I want to finish this fight already. Like, seriously. Just how long have I fought with Regulus? Half an hour? No matter how long it was, it felt like forever!

After thinking that, I look at the direction the pink-haired girl directed me toward quite some time ago. What I notice immediately is the broken wall at the other side of the hallway. When I was about to float over there, Regulus came back from the other side. Regulus did not do anything extravagant to destroy the wall to get back to this hallway, he merely walked through them, seemingly not caring if it existed or not.