Chapter 4: Shrine Maiden and a Witch

Regulus Corneas P.O.V

Tch.

Can't I at least have the pleasure of meeting someone who did not disrespect my right? Can't they all just realize that violating people's rights would lead to conflict and violence, as it ultimately leads to more oppression and suffering, rather than less? And so that guard deserves what's coming to violate my right like that and causing some unnecessary violence.

I looked at the guard blankly, who was undoubtedly dead. The guard was there lying on the ground, lifeless, seemingly being separated into two parts. Both the left and right half of his body were facing the ground. There was a pool of blood around him, and his intestines were spilling out from his two separated stomachs.

Anyway, after I had delivered my judgment to the guard and reprimanded him, I began to walk toward the gate of the village with my full intention of going past it, as that should be within my right to do so since I should be able to go anywhere as that is my right to my free movement. But before I could do so, I heard the voice of a young girl in her teens that is filled with rage, at the location I had previously left the guard after I delivered my punishment to him not even 10 seconds ago.

"You!"

Turning around, I saw a teenage girl wearing a weird-looking cloth, with red and white as its prominent color scheme, that looked like it had come straight from Kararagi culture.

"Huh? What did you just call me? Even if calling someone 'you' is a form of communication that is very direct and to the point, it can also be seen as a violation of the person's rights of individuality as by calling someone 'you,' you are basically treating them as an object or a thing, rather than as a human being with their own unique identity! When you call someone 'you,' you are taking away their individuality and treating them as less than human, which don't you think that—."

"Shut up, now tell me why did you do this?" Said the girl who seemed to be angry evidenced by her furrowed eyebrows.

Tch.

Another one? Seriously, what is it with my luck today that kept making me meet these rights violators? No matter, if it really comes to it, I will get rid of this girl who doesn't seem to know how to respect people's authority.

And so with an impassive face, I began to rant to her so that I could get my points across about how she had just violated my rights, and I will also berate her and tell her 10 reasons why she should never violate my rights again since I got the chance. "... Now, not only did you violate my right to my individuality, you also even dared to cut me off?! I was talking ain't I? So why did you not let me finish!? I'll let you know that this is a violation of my right to my free speech! Don't you know that by cutting me off, it is like you are trying to put me, the one who you are interrupting, down and making me feel less important? How dare you lower my value like that?! Don't you know that lowering other people's values is wrong? And also shouldn't it be common sense that it is important to respect other people's right to speak, and to listen to them when they are speaking? And what did you want me to tell you? If you are going to ask me to tell you something, state what you want me to tell you, as I don't have a state of mind to figure out what you want of me! And what's with that attitude when you ask me something? Don't you think that—."

"... Okay? My question is, why did you kill him?! Now answer the question." Impatient, the girl angrily said that.

"— Now like I said earlier, don't you think that it was rude to cut someone off when they are talking?! Don't you think that by doing such, you are practically saying non-verbally that, 'I don't care about what you're saying' and 'I don't respect you enough to pretend I do'? I do believe that such behavior is an infringement upon my right! Also, why are you angry at me? If my memory serves me correctly, I had never seen you before, so you should have no reason to be angry at me. Don't you think that it is rude to direct your dissatisfaction at me, someone who did nothing wrong? You should—."