Chapter 14: When the Conversation Becomes Impossible

A/N: One of my readers, 'GoKingOk,' said that mind reading is 'intrusion into the mind,' which wouldn't work on Regulus. Thank you for commenting that btw. But mind reading can also be thought of as passively hearing or perceiving the thoughts of others without actively intruding or manipulating those thoughts. They're both right, so I pick whatever will lead me to the funniest development, which is the latter. I kind of also asked ChatGPT about it, and 'it' said that it's ok. But, I don't know if that is 'it' calculation, or it's me gaslighting 'it' to agree...

— — — — — — — — — — —

Chapter 14: When the Conversation Becomes Impossible

Regulus Corneas P.O.V

One moment, I was attacking Reimu and the next, I flew backward to a big palace-like place. Huh? What happened? Did I get hit by something? If so, what was it?! I can't see what hit me. I can't even react to whatever got me flying here. Really, who attacked me?! And why? I just want to get rid of that Shrine Maiden, so why did I get attacked by someone other than that Shrine Maiden? They don't have the right to butt in somebody else's business, but yet I got sent flying by them! How many times are people gonna send me flying? Is this the fifth time that happened to me? I didn't bother to count but the number of times I got sent flying probably exceeds the number of my fingers on one hand!

Really though, how dare whoever that is to send me flying? That is definitely a violation of my rights. My right to my physical well-being!! I need to deliver my justice to whoever did that to me! But before that, I need to know who did that to me. Was it that horned girl? That weak-as-heck girl that I sent flying through a dozen buildings? Was she the one who did that?! Since I don't know for sure, I'll put that in the back of my mind for now, but I'm definitely not forgetting that humiliation any time soon!

After I thought about that, I began to look around me. Again, what's around me is the inner wall of a palace. I assume this palace is the palace I first saw when I came down here. I never thought I would end up here since my original plan was to go up to the surface. But that plan was ruined by the Shrine Maiden whom I thought was dead.

Sigh, why do I have to deal with these troubles? I don't like any of these yet why do people keep pushing me to these troubles? Can't they just leave me alone? Like that horned girl. I don't even know her name and yet she grabs my head. How disrespectful! Didn't she know that I am Regulus Corneas, the Sin Archbishop of Greed? The undisputed, the most satisfying, the most perfect existence? To grab my head like that, does she not know what the word 'respect' means? How barbaric!

I stomped the ground a couple of times to indicate my frustration at the whole situation. Seriously! And now I'm in this freaking palace! If someone were to tell me an hour ago that I would go on a tour around this country, I wouldn't believe it. I think I have gone through three landmarks already! Can't I just get a break already? This is seriously annoying! Those pests, they should just disappear. After I get back to them, I will definitely finish them! All I need is one hit. If at least one of my attacks reaches them, they would be dead! No matter how long they dodge, they will definitely not be able to dodge my attack forever.

With my determination to kill those who ruined my day today set, I turned myself around to look at the holes I created when I entered this place. On the wall, and on the numerous walls behind the first one, there are holes in the shape of me beautifully decorated.

I just have to walk through these walls to go back to where I came from. But of course, it wasn't that easy. Of course, it wouldn't be that simple! In this freaking land, something would always block me from doing what I wanted!

"Regulus Corneas, will you quiet down? To come near my living quarters and be so loud this early, please at least show your consideration." That was the voice I heard as I'm about to walk through the holes I came from.