Ch. XXXVII: Lovers

<Ennard’s POV>

   I stayed hugging my pillow close to my chest. I was pretty sure Micheal was home, but he didn’t come into the bedroom like usual. Suddenly the bedroom door opened, and Micheal came in, closing the door behind himself. “Enn, we need to talk..” I hugged the pillow more, and buried my face. I felt him sit down on the bed, and he gently nudged me. “Hey, I’m not upset with you, I just want to talk. Don’t avoid me, we’ve known each other for decades-.” I glanced towards him, and hesitantly sat up. “Do you know who Aspen is…?” Micheal nodded a bit. “Yeah, I just found out. His mask fell off in the kitchen, while I was preparing his food.. Is that why you’ve been ignoring me? Because you’re afraid I’m still mad at you for killing him.?” I glanced at the ground, and hugged my pillow closer to my chest. 

   Micheal gently pulled me into his lap, and made me look at him. “If I were mad at you, I wouldn’t have been living with you for the past few years, okay? I understand what happened was wrong, but we make mistakes. I made a huge mistake with letting Flynn stay over and watch the house. And in turn, that caused me to lose Jhon, and eventually lose you.. I don’t want to ever have that happen again…” I continued to look at his face, listening to what he was saying. It looked like he had been crying. I gently cupped his face in my hands, and kissed the tip of his nose. “I’m sorry for avoiding you-..” Micheal smiled softly. “It’s alright. No more secrets, okay? We need to communicate, especially since we’re dating now.” He put one of his hands on mine, and rested his forehead gently against mine.

   I laughed a bit, and he smiled more. He kissed the bridge of my nose gently, and I laughed some more. “E!!!” Micheal laughed a bit, and pulled his face away. “You’re adorable, I can’t-” I hugged him tightly, and curled up a bit. I hesitated, but then looked up at him. “Is there a reason you aren’t kissing me on the lips-? We did it that one time-” Micheal looked back at me, and moved my hair out of my face a bit. “When we kissed, I wasn’t thinking right, and you were in a horrible mental state.. I’m not sure if you agreed to kissing me because Flynn made you believe you had to with him, or because you were scared of me kicking you out…” I hugged him a bit tighter. “Well- I’d like to do it now, if that’s okay-.?”  Micheal gently lifted my chin, and kissed me. I smiled into the kiss excitedly. I kissed him back, and he gently placed his hand on the back of my head. 

   As he deepened it, he leaned forward, causing me to lay back on the bed, with my legs on either side of him. I turned more red, and kicked my legs a bit, but made sure not to kick him. We kissed for a bit longer, then he broke it, and we both started catching our breaths. Micheal looked at the position I was in, and smiled, then leaned down, and nuzzled my neck. I smiled and hugged him again.

Ch. XXXVII: Completed