Chapter XXII: Back Again

"You're to slow, Terry!!" Elijah laughed. "Am not!!!" I yelled back. He giggled and climbed up the playground. I looked up at him, and stopped running. He was on the very top roof part now. He looked down at me. "Terry, what's wrong-?"

"I can't climb up there-.." "It's not that high- Let's take a break from tag, I want you to see the view from up here!!" He spread his arms out, but then started to slide. He started to scramble for something to grab onto, but it was no use. The roof was smooth plastic. "Terrance!!!!!"

"M!ch3@l." I quickly sit up, awake, in a panic. I look over to my right to see the bear wire, or should I say Ennard, animatronic. I know it is him. He can change his mask, but he can't change what types of wires are on his body. "Ennard-.." I sigh, relief flowing through my body. I got to hug him. "You ca-" "D0n't t0uch m3." He stared at me. I hesitantly pull my arms away. Great... I guess I can't blame him-.

"Look, Ennard.. I'm not going to hurt you.. I don't think you understand..." "N0 I d0." "No, you don't. You made it very clear in that kind of hard to read letter-" You really need to learn how to spell- "I wasn't planning on kicking you out of the house when I realized.." He tilts his head. "Y0u w3r3n't-.?" "No, Ennard.. You're like my bestfriend, and I need you-.."

(Over the course of the 15 years, Micheal's feelings lessened and his feelings towards Ennard became more like a bestfriend's)

"0h 0k@y-." "Can I hug you, or are you back to no touching..?" "N0 t0uch!ng..." "Alright, I'll respect that." I can feel tears running down my face. Thank god I have my mask on-. "M!ch3@l." "Yes-?" "Wh@t !s @ b3stfr!3nd?" "Oh- It's when you're closer to someone, than your normal friends." "Y0u h@v3 fr!3nds-?" "Ennard- What the f-ck-"

"I'm s0rry." I laugh a bit. "It's alright- Can I ask you something now-.?" He nods. "What happened within the 15 years you were gone.?" "I c@n't t3ll y0u th@t y3t. Y0u st!ll p0s3 @ thr3@t." "What.?" "Y0u tr!3d t0 burn m3." "Oh-. Fair enough-?" He nods, then stands up. I look up at him. "I d0n't th!nk @ny0n3 3ls3 3sc@p3d th3 f!r3, 3ggs." "I had a feeling-.."

Great.. Just when I find my family, they're gone again... "Why aren't you in your human form, Ennard?" "My !llus!0n b@nd m@lfunct!0n3d." "Ah- I'll take a look at it if you want later-?" He continues to look at me, but then looks away. "@lr!ght." I smile a bit. He glances at me then walks away.

I look back at the ground. I don't know how long Ennard plans on staying. He might actually leave again tonight-? He's have to figure out how to scoop someone without the scooper. Or maybe he'll try using me again.. I doubt that though-. My body is in no condition for that type of thing. I sigh and stand up. My legs nearly buckle beneath me.

I hear stuff in the kitchen, and look towards it. "Ennard-? What are you doing??" His head peeks out from around the corner. "3x0t!c Butt3rs-?" I laugh a bit. "I'm not sure we have any, bud-" "0h 0k@y." "I can go shopping later, okay?" He nods then, he goes up into the vents. I'm glad he hasn't changed too much-

Chapter XXII: Completed