Chapter XXX: Reading

>Micheal’s POV<

   As we arrived home, the fog around Hurricane had started to settle in. Ennard was okay, and was actually glancing around. I looked at him, and smiled a bit, then carefully opened the door. I closed the door behind us, and set Ennard down gently. He stopped clinging to me as much, and took the headphones and hood off. “Are you alright now?” I asked him, as I set the stuff down on the dining room table. He followed behind, and nodded. “Mhm-!”

   I glanced back at him, and smiled again. “Are you hungry?” He nodded again, not very vocal at the moment. I walked over to the fridge and pulled out an exotic butter for him. He glanced at me. “Could you make it in mac’n’cheese-?” He asked. I shrugged. “Sure- Might take a little bit, though.” Ennard just smiled, and then ran back to the living room. I watched for a moment, and caught myself still smiling. I groaned a bit, and went to look in the cupboard. 

1 hour later…

   Ennard finished his food, and he resumed his graphic novel book. As I went to put my cup in the sink, I glanced over his shoulder at the book. “Batman, huh-?” I said, trying to start a conversation. Enn looked up at me. “What-?” “The book you’re reading- It’s a Batman comic-” He looked back down at the book. “I can’t read- I’m just looking at the pictures-” I paused for a moment, looking at him. “Oh-? Wait, really-?” Ennard nodded. “Yep. In my animatronic form, words look different-” “How so?” “Well, I don’t know how to explain it to you exactly-” There was a moment of silence. ”Do you want me to read it to you?” Ennard looked up at me, and smiled.

   “Yes, please!!!” I smiled at him, then went and put my cup away. “How about we go and read in the den-? The window there is pretty-” I heard as Ennard got up from the table, and ran to the den. I finished washing my cup after a moment, and started walking to the den.

He’s going to leave you again.

You’re really letting him out of your sight? Are you stupid?! Haha!!! You really are destined to be alone!!!

   I leaned against the wall in the hallway, feeling faint in the head. Why’re they back..? Why now.?! It felt like the room was spinning. 

You’re on borrowed time, Micheal. Don’t forget that. A rotting corpse can’t last forever.

He already knows that~

   I slid down the wall, nearly sitting on the floor now, and closed my eyes tightly. “Eggs-?? Eggs are you okay-?!” I felt soft hands suddenly help me to my feet. I opened my eyes to see Ennard looking at me. “O-Oh, Ennard-.” I mumbled, regaining myself. The room was no longer spinning. Ennard looked at me, confused, and worried. “Are you alright-?” He asked. I nodded, and rubbed my eyes a bit. “Yeah, I’m just tired.. How about we go and read your book-?”