Chapter XXVIII: Old Friend

>Micheal's POV<

   I continued to look at him. Terry, Terry, Terry.. He looked at me confused at first, but then he must've realized, because he looked away from me visibly shaking. "You know-.. Because your middle name is Terrance and everything, Terry is just a shorter version-. The beginning part-.?" He mumbled a bit. "Ennard, I haven't gone by Terrance in over 15 years. And only one person has ever called me that," I stated, setting my brush down. "I've never even told you my middle name." He glanced at me. "Okay.. I saw it on a paper-. Can we not talk about this-.?"

   I gently turned his head towards me, and looked him in the eyes. "Ennard, I'm not upset with you. Just tell me the truth-. I won't ever hurt you for it, you should be able to tell me anything. We're friends after all-" I said softly, trying to comfort him. He glanced at the ground a bit. "Terry-.. I'm.- Elijah..." He mumbled. I continued to look at him smiling, and ran my hand through his hair once. "See, it wasn't that hard, was it?" I said. He stared at me for a moment. "Aren't you surprised or disgusted now-.?" I shook my head no."I knew the moment you called me Terry," I smiled. "And it's not disgusting that you possess something- It's better than being a corpse."

   He shrugged and looked back at the wall. "Hey, Enn?" He looked back at me and tilted his head. "How long have you been keeping that from me-? I'm asking cause I'm curious-" He looked back at the wall and shrugged. "When I ran away, I was messing with my band and accidentally switched to my soul form. After that, I just kept it to myself. I didn't know I was possessed before then." I nodded, understanding a bit, and then went back to painting the wall. "Were you scared that I was mad at you for moving-?" I questioned.

   I noticed him look back at the ground and nod. "I-.. I didn't want to leave you... But I couldn't stay at the same time.." He hugged himself. "Wasn't it just because of your father wanting to move, after your mother passed.?" I looked at him. He continued to look at the ground, and didn't respond. "Elijah..?" I nudged him a bit. He jumped a bit, and looked at me, calming down after a second. "Yes?" He asked. I decided not to push for answers right yet, and went back to painting. "You have more paint in your hair-" I smiled. "Oh for gosh sake!!" He said, laughing a bit, and getting up to go clean his hair. I laughed as he went to the bathroom, closing the door behind himself.

   I went and cleaned the brushes a bit, assuming we were done for the day, as there was no point in him going to wash his hair just to get more paint in his hair. As I put away the brushes and paint, I heard Ennard in the bathroom. It sounded like he was struggling with something, most likely the paint. I went over to the bathroom door and knocked. "Hey, Ennard? Do you need any help in there?" There was no response for a moment. "Ennard-?" I questioned. I tried opening the door, but as I did, I heard it lock. "Ennard. Please just open the-"

   I looked down at the crack between the door and floor, noticing a liquid there. Red, liquid. "What the hell.." I stared for a moment, my thoughts feeling like they were going haywire. "Open the door.." I mumbled. Passed thoughts of what I used to do, flew through my head. As I felt as though I was gonna lose it, the bathroom door opened. I looked at Ennard, and saw his hands covered in the red liquid. He looked at me worried. But, his hair, originally red, was now turning into a faint pink, with faintly white tips at the end. "I- I don't know what happened, I was washing my hair, and-and-" I quickly hugged him, tightly, and sighed with relief. "Thank god.." I looked at him. "You scared the crap out of me. No more bathroom locking privileges," I said, calming down.

   He looked at me, tilting his head confused, but then realized why I was worried. "Oh- Eggs- I'm sorry- BUT CAN WE WORRY ABOUT WHY MY HAIR IS LOSING ITS DANG COLOR-?!"

Chapter XXVIII: Completed