Ch. XXXII: Moving and Gray

>Ennard's POV<

I looked up at the building, holding the box against my chest. The building had 3 flights, and some rooms had lights on, and some had lights off. "Are you okay, Enn-??" I heard Micheal ask. I looked over at him. He was halfway up the steps to the building, and looking back at me, with the box he had in his arms. I nodded quickly, and caught up to him. He smiled, and resumed walking up the steps, and into the building. The narrow corridor was lit with yellow-white lights, and the carpet was gray with darker gray stripes. There were doors on either side of us with room numbers on the doors. Micheal led me to an elevator, and pressed a button once we got in that had the number 2 on it. I watched as the number above the door went from 1 to 2. The doors opened, and Micheal left the elevator, with me close behind.

Walking down the new, but same looking hallway, we stopped at a doorway with the number 2-4 on it. He opened the door with the key in his hand, and swung the door open. I stared in, taking in the new sight in front of me. The walls were whitish gray, and the furniture was nice, with a coffee table, a couch, and then a small couch love-seat near the couch. The table was glass, and the coaches were light gray. There was a wall window across from the area that looked down onto outside the city. "So- This is the living room. Of course, it kind of looks bland, because we haven't unpacked or anything, but we can home it up-" Micheal laughed a bit nervously. I looked at him, and smiled. I quickly got into the room, set my box on the couch, and ran to the kitchen.

The kitchen walls were painted a pale black, with the countertops being dark gray. The kitchen was also empty, but that was to be expected, honestly. I then rushed into the bedroom, and jumped onto the bed. The bed was already made, surprisingly. "Eggs-???" I called out, confused. "Yes?" Micheal asked, walking into the room, behind me. "Were you here already-?" I looked back at him. "Yeah, I had to move in the furniture earlier this week." He said, sitting on the bed on the other side of the room. I nodded understanding, and rolled over, laying on my back, sprawled out across my bed. "So? What do you think about the color schemes??" I looked back over at him. "The different shades of gray are nice!! They go well together-!!!" I smiled. Micheal's smile faltered. "What?" I paused for a moment, then sat up. "The shades of gray-?" "Ennard. There's barely any grey other than the wooden floorboards, and the living room walls-" I became confused, but then just smiled.

"You know what, you're right- I'm just messing with you, don't worry-!!!" I said, quickly going, and burying my face in a pillow. There was silence, then I heard Micheal's soft laugh. "Mkay then- How about we go finish getting the boxes from the car, and call it a day? The sun is setting, and we should probably head to bed at some point-" I lifted my head a bit, looking at him, and nodding.