Ch. XXXV: New Roomate

>Micheal’s POV<

   After helping Gabriel find Aspen, Gabe took him back to the children’s room. When we’d found him, he had acted just odd, but I guess I don’t really know how he acts normally. 

   “Oh!! There he is!!!” Gabriel said as he noticed a figure crouched behind the couch. I followed him as he led me over, and looked down at the figure. Something about him was familiar, but I couldn’t exactly pinpoint what. The mask covered his entire face, and he had reddish blonde hair. Gabriel poked him, and he jumped a little, looking at both of us immediately. Gabe helped him up, and Aspen looked back at me, staring. I stared a little back at him, trying to pinpoint what was so familiar. Gabriel, noticing, and a bit confused, got Aspen’s attention, and took him to the missing children’s room.

   I started piling our bags into the car, and felt arms wrap around my waist tightly. I glanced back, behind myself, and saw Ennard looking up at me a bit. He noticed I looked back at him, and smiled. “Hi-” I laughed a bit, and resumed putting the bags into the back of the car. “Hi, Enn,” I smiled. “Henry said earlier today that he had refilled our supply of the soul monitors, so we have them to monitor you while you fully recover-” “Oh really? That’s good-” Ennard nodded, and gently made me look at him again. “You better not fight me on it. I rolled my eyes playfully, and kissed his cheek. Oh, the times I’ve restrained myself from doing so in the past.

   Ennard’s face turned almost as red as his red dyed tips in his hair, and looked away, hugging me tighter. I laughed, finding him absolutely adorable, and closed the trunk of the car. “C’mon, let's go home,” I said, taking his hand, and leading him to the passenger side of the car. I helped him get in, and closed the door behind him, then walked over to the driver’s side. As I went to get in, I heard someone shout behind me, “Mr. Micheal-!!!” I looked back, stopping myself from getting into the car. Susie was dragging Aspen over to me, and looked up at me. “Susie, what’re you doing out of the house-?” Susie quickly pushed Aspen towards me. “Take him with you-! Before the others realize he’s gone-!!” I became even more confused.

   “What-?” Susie glared at me, then opened the back door, shoved him into the back of my car, and disappeared. I glanced at Aspen, who still had his mask on, and he looked back at him. He slightly slouched into the seat, and put his belt on. I glanced over at Ennard who now had his hood pulled over his head with his hands, and partially over his eyes, with his knees up against his chest. I sighed a bit, and climbed into the car. “Alright then-” I said, as the silence of the car was deafening. I glanced over at Ennard, but he was still curled up, with half his face hidden. I sighed again, and started driving to the apartment.

----------------------------------------------

<Ennard’s POV> 

   I pulled the hood further over my eyes, panicking more, but trying to hide it.. It was gonna be a long car ride-..