Chapter XII: Acting Weird

(Same day as the last chapter)

>Micheal's POV<

   I yawned as I drove back
home. It was nearly 7:30 p.m. The interview ended at 7:05, but I decided that I might as well buy something for Ennard. I parked the car in the front, and got out, closing the door of the car behind myself.

   I walked up to the front door, unlocked it and opened it. I glanced over to see Flynn watching TV on the couch, and Ennard no where in sight. Flynn looked back at me, and got up. "Hey, Micheal- How'd it go?" I looked back at him and shrugged.

   "I think it went alright- Thanks for house sitting for me, I know it was probably boring-" He smiled. "It was quite the contrary. I should head out now- Cya" He then just left, which was a bit odd. I closed the door after he left and looked around the room.

   "Ennard-?? I'm home-!" No response. I sighed and set the bag with the duck plushie on the couch (He thinks they are cute-). I walked over to Ennard's room, and turned the handle to the door. It was locked. I sighed a bit relieved he hadn't left. "I got you something, Enn- I think you'll like it-"

   After a moment, the door opened. He was looking at the floor, and he seemed a bit off. He was wearing a turtle neck with sweatpants, and was holding his hand that had been burned. His hair was more of a mess than earlier. "Ennard-.?" I went to gently lift his chin, and when I did, he flinched a bit. I looked at him concerned.

   "Enn, what's wrong-..?" "Nothing.. How was the interview.?" "It was alright-.. Are you sure you're alright-.? You seem off-." "No.. Everything is okay.." I could tell he was lying, but I felt as though pushing him to tell me would trigger him.

   "Do you need a hug-..?" I offered. He looked me in the eyes, and started shaking, then tightly hugged me, and buried his face in my chest. He was crying. I hugged him back, and then gently picked him up.

   He hasn't cried like this before.. What the hell happened while I was gone..?! He held onto me tightly, and continued to cry into my shirt. I'm not usually the one to comfort someone when they're crying. I was usually the reason why they were crying. I cradled him against myself, and sat down on the bed, with him in my lap, and hugged him tightly.

   I could feel his body tense, and I started to just gently hug him. After a couple of minutes, his crying stopped. I glanced down at him, to see him just staring off at the ground. "Ennard.. Please talk to me... What happened while I was gone...?" He still seemed out of it, and looked to be zoned out. After a couple minutes, I sighed a bit, and laid down with him in my arms.

   He looked up at me, then buried his face into my shirt. I was in my dress shirt still, but at this point I didn't care. "I'm going to assume that Flynn may have been rude to you-...?" No response. "I'm sorry... He's been that way since highschool.... I'll talk to him about it, okay..?" Still no response. Me and Ennard don't usually cuddle like this. This is the first time.. Usually, I would be happy at the thought of cuddling someone, and maybe sleeping together, but..

This just feels off...

Chapter XII: Completed