Chapter 9 - Turrent time!

"The mass domino push in Brawlrumble, the burning ball in Brawlball and the bouncy bag number in the three-legged run, just to name a few," Professor Starr listed, sounding frosty like Principal Snowflake.

Until his face brightened and he patted Bull on the shoulder appreciatively.

"That was so brilliant, young Nightingale! You and your new friend have run the others into the ground!"

The three of them stood again, with all the other participants, in front of the event hall, which was now quickly cleared for the pin award ceremony, which, however, due to the large number of stands, meant that it would be at least half an hour before the young brawlers finally got theirs received champion pins and were able to go home. A pompous scoreboard displayed the numbers of those who had made it, and both Bull's and Pam's numbers were very high up.

"You two really deserve your champion pins," Bull's teacher praised them both before winking at Bull. "Please wait out here until you're allowed in, Bull. I'll see if I can give them a hand in there. Otherwise, We'll stand here until midnight until this bourgeois hall is finally cleaned up."

Giving them a hand sounded strangely od. In fact, there were gigantic snap traps attached to Sam's wrists, with which he plunged into every fight fearlessly and incredibly coolly. "Giving them a bear trap" would have sounded much better in Bull's opinion.

But that was just him.

After what felt like an eternity, during which Bull would definitely have set something on fire if he hadn't been playing Brawlball with Pam and a few other students, including Colt, those waiting were finally invited into the hall.

This was actually no longer recognizable. Only the floor was still covered with sand and chips. Without the thousands of stands, it seemed much larger than before, now that you could make out the walls along which higher-up stands stretched along, on which the students and those accompanying them sat. Opposite the entrance door through which they had just entered was the highest section of the stand. And standing there was a slim, tall woman with walnut-brown hair and equally brown eyes, which were framed by round glasses.

In terms of appearance and clothing style, she seemed normal, if it weren't for the huge scar over her left eye and her missing right arm. In its place was a golden prosthetic arm, its hand covering her yawning mouth.

From a distance it was difficult to tell whether the prosthetic was simply gold-plated or truly made of real gold, but anyone who had ever heard the legend knew that the robotic arm was made of pure gold.

Belle Shirley, freedom fighter and bandit queen of the Wild West. A lot was said about the woman who stood in the stands in front of them and looked bored into the crowd.

Supposedly she protected hundreds of native people from enslavement by immigrants when she was still a child, took part in the most daring bank robberies of the last ten years and led the largest wild horse liberation operation of all time. However, nothing could ever be remotely proven against her.

Bull stared at the woman in disbelief. She was thirty at most and worked very high up in the Brawl Stars business. If it weren't for the golden arm, he wouldn't have believed any of the crazy myths about Belle Shirley.

They let someone like her work in the administration of Starr Park, but rare brawlers aren't allowed to play with mystical ones?! Someone explains that!

"Welcome students, to the awards ceremony! Everyone here was obviously seen by the stand operators and judges as sufficiently qualified to receive a champion pin."

Belle's sole presence was apparently enough to make the entire hall suddenly fall silent, so that only her voice echoed ominously off the walls.

"However, I was not impressed by anything I saw. No deadly mine-cart-train when Jewelhunt, no life-threatening Wi-Fi disruption during the Knockout and then the three-legged run! How does this party game help you become resilient, courageous, proud fighters?! No, what is needed now is a real challenge!"