Chapter 7 - Don't mess with Jess!

"That was her!"

"Who? That one? The redhead there?"

"Yes, that little one there!"

"She helped Piper bake yesterday!"

"She wanted to poison us all!"

Once again, Jessie looked more like a stone sculpture than a brawler. She was frozen in shock. Her stun gun fell from her hand and clattered to the ground.

All cell phone cameras were now pointed at her. Fire shot into her face as her heart instantly turned into a jackhammer. Why her? Why was it always her who was unintentionally dragged from one bad situation to another?

"Are you crazy?! Do you actually realize what rubbish you are talking about?!"

"Jessie would never do something like that! She's a brawler and one of us!"

Meg and Penny angrily stood in front of their friend and blocked the sensationalists' view of the icy constructer.

"No wonder you say that! You must have been her accomplice, what you lesbian!"

Before Penny could freak out and fire a curse word bomb at the pack, presumably followed by a few real bombs from her cannon, Pam stepped in between them, blocking everyone's view with her massive, frightening figure! Anger was written all over her face. If she had been an animal, a bloodthirsty she-wolf would now protect the little red rabbit.

"Let. Mine. Daughter. In. Piece," she growled, dangerously calm.

There was silence for a short while and several cameras were promptly switched off.

But of course, it was only the calm before the storm.

"That's the brat's mother?"

"Then it was definitely her who poisoned the cake!"

"I know her! She didn't make it to college because of her daughter and now she wants to take revenge on all the Brawlers!"

"She sure was! Look at the poor child. That girl couldn't poison anyone."

"Maybe it was the baker herself?"

"Was there poison in the other cakes too?!"

"It was supposed to be that Piper girl?!"

"Blondes are always friendly, aren't they?"

"SHUT UP, OTHERWISE SKULL GONE, CLEAR?!"

***

The voice shook the room like the rumble of thunder shakes a city as the most violent summer storm of the year hits it. No matter how hard the lightning tries, it is always the thunder that makes everything tremble. And so, this time too it was the extremely aggressive words that went through marrow and bone that finally put a stop to all the murmuring and cell phone lights.

Everything fell silent when a man in black boots, a black jacket and a black hairstyle stomped towards Pam in the middle.

"This charity party is over! I can't imagine that people who expose a mother and her daughter without any solid evidence are really interested in charity anyway!"

The man reminded Jessie of her encounter with Edgar, even though he was older, stockier, more muscular and had a strong resemblance to a bull. Both externally and temperamentally.

"All Brawlers next door! As always, R-T recorded everything, even hours before, which means the real culprit is definitely on video. All non-brawlers OUT!"

Following his example, Wild West Ranger Shelly stepped into the middle, fired a warning shot towards the ceiling and shouted in a stern voice: "You heard Bull, everyone next door! R-T, I think you know what you have to do."

Before she followed the others, she turned back to Jessie and her mother.

"I'm so sorry for these people's behaviour Pam. Please, of course you can go now. There is no question that you are the culprits anyway! It's probably just that one of Crow's knives accidentally landed in the cake and leaked, or something like that!"

Mrs. Peverell nodded gratefully to the cowgirl before turning to her deathly pale daughter. Meg stood by her and talked to her calmly, while a pretty girl in a bunny hat carefully placed her slightly battered robot dog in her arms.

"Would you like me to walk your home, Pamela?"

"Thank you, it's nice of you to offer that, but I must digest this first. People are becoming more and more stupid. One moment they're cheering you on, the next they're accusing us of poisoning you or whatever!"

"Kind of reminds me of the value system!"

"You are so right! Thanks to star power, they've finally relaxed the rules!"

"Will we see each other again soon? It's been ages."

"I know I was surprised to see you here."

"Brawling kept me on my toes. There was a lot going on with Hypercharge and stuff. Coming out in the new update. I spend ages in Star Park... and the time is pretty weird there. Sometimes you went into a kind of trance while working. Or some stuff like that. But now I also want to spend some time with my children again."

"Do you have any time then?" Pam casually wiped her forehead to get rid of any beads of sweat that appeared.

"For you at any time. No matter when, no matter where."

"Thank you, I'll be in touch."

"Goodnight Pamela."

Smiling, Pam Peverell took Jessie by the hand and led her through the hall's large front door and through the streets home.

"And stop calling me that, Bull."

___________________________________________________

As soon as I wrap Chroma into a suitable plot, it is abolished! Typical me, but in my story it lives on for a bit. Plus it was still around at the time of the Enchanted Wood Season and hey, it's fanfiction. I hope I have enlightened you and not confused you further (one of my specialties ;)

Although the chapter came from my imagination, there are still people who expose others without any evidence and sometimes for the most ridiculous reasons. I can only refer to an old saying:

The first impression is a false friend, while your prejudices cause you to lose possible real friends.

Anyhoot, happy carnival weekend everyone, thank you sooooooooooo much for reading my story and have fun with the Lunar Brawl!!!

Bye, Coco