~17~ The Quiet Before The Storm ~17~

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, me too, I guess.
But you know what? I've got nothing to lose. I either die protecting something I love or get to continue my ol' life."
He took a more positive approach.

"Not for too long, I hope."
I smirked.
"I haven't forgotten my promise."

"Wouldn't that be great,"
He smirked, too.
"But even if not... surprisingly, this hotel made my time here better. And tomorrow I'ma prove that the only angel allowed to cause a mess here is ME."

I laughed.
"That’s the spirit!"

"It was nice knowing you, tootz."

"Same to you, spidey."

I used to judge Angel Dust.
But now that I know the smallest bit about his life in hell... well, he's a champ.
I view him very highly.

He is stronger and smarter than demons think. Even more than he thinks he is.

"I would've told you to go to rest before the big day, but looks like it's impossible for you."
Vaggie crossed her arms.

"Is it? Haven't noticed."
I laughed.

"Don't worry, I remember what's important. It's all about purpose.
I'll fight for US, for this hotel."

"Think of someone.
You'd be surprised at what powers you might discover when it seems bleak, when you are determined to protect someone at all costs."
Vaggie slightly flapped her new wings.

"I know who I am going to fight for."
She glanced at Charlie and waved me goodbye.

It must be hard for her, fighting her own kind. ...But also, they are assholes.
Whatever happens, it was an honor to be trained by her and I am honored to be fighting with her.

!!!

Niffty jumped from above.

She would've given me a heart attack if I had a working heart.

"Last minute cleaning, Niff?"

"Just practicing my angel-stabbing skills on bugs!"
She giggled and ran off.

What a sunshine.
The creepiest sunshine in existence.

I wish I had her endless motivation.

"Y/n,"
Said the last person in the main hall.

"Princess, I wanted to interview you for an article- wait, has it been half a year?"
I joked.

"I am happy you chose to stay."
She said wholesomely.
"And I hope that one day you will return to your passion."

I remember I told her that about reporting.
I haven't typed in my typewriter for so long, it should be covered in dust- well, if not for Niffty cleaning it all the time.

"I might. I do miss it..."
I sighed.

"I am proud of the progress all of our guests have made. Though, yours took quite an unexpected turn, if I may say."
She laughed.

"Oh, you mean Al and I..."
I felt myself blushing.

"You HATED him. Like, REALLY hated. Almost refused to stay here, even if it meant going out to the turf wars...
...not that I'm saying your feelings were invalid, of course."
She added.

"I should be thanking you for that.
From the beginning, you've told me about forgiveness. That it doesn't erase the bad, but it eases on everyone involved.
Allowing myself to move on... Well, it's the best thing that happened to me."
I shyly fixed my hair.
"I also learned from observing you and Vaggie."