~2~ Unwanted Reunion ~2~

The last day of my life seemed normal enough.

Surprisingly, Alastor wanted to cancel his broadcast for that day. It was unusual- he never missed one.

"...then... you take over for today. Do a short one, and tomorrow I'll do a longer broadcast. I can arrange that."
He sounded off.

"Al, this is YOUR show. I'm just the news bit. This can't happen without you."
I insisted, playing with the cord of the studio telephone and running my fingers on the dial, careful not to move it.

I've been trying to convince him for about ten minutes already. I could feel that he was losing his patience enough to give up.

It sounded like he was busy doing something as we spoke.

"Come onnnnn Al! Just for a short one, please! Your listeners can't miss what happened at the candy factory yesterday evening!!
And... we have more missing people to report for public help."

He sighed, defeated.
"FINE, dear. I'll be there in time, but this won't be more than twenty minutes, deal?"

"Sure, sure. Even in less. What's gotten you so busy, anyways? It's very---"
He already hung up before I finished my sentence.
"...unlike you..."

Alastor arrived to the studio on time, his hair slightly dishevelled.
He always did his best to look the best, but I suppose he figured we are close enough for him to be less bothered about his messy appearance.

Well, good thing we are on radio, so looks don’t matter. Too bad for anyone on the new, slightly bigger-screened models of television. Or- how Alastor calls them with zero admiration- 'Noisy picture boxes'.

"I suppose you won't stay for coffee?"

"Absolutely not."
He fixed his hair, getting something dark red out of it. Instead of discarding of it, he shoved it in his pocket.

I chuckled, organising my papers.
"It’s okay. I'll go visit my old man, then.
It's been a while since I saw him."

...

I shouldn't have visited father.

If I didn't, not only I wouldn't have witnessed a horror-

I would've stayed alive.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"SERVES YOU RIGHT to be in hell, you... you... YOU DIRTY MONSTER!"
I snapped.

"Now now, then. Is this how you treat-"

"-a MURDERER?"

"-I was going for something like... a good ol' pal."
Alastor's menacing grin intensified.

He always smiled as much as possible when he was alive. Now, that he's dead, it almost seemed permanent.

"GOOD?? Tens- HUNDREDS of people would disagree!"
His countless victims... their families...

"FINALLY something interesting happens here."
Angel dust called from behind, but we ignored him.

We glared at each other with looks that could kill. Actually, this psycho seemed more amused than angry.

While I was irritated with my fists clenched, Alastor was calm, standing straight, leaning both hands on a microphone stand he carried.

The only reason I didn't run away was because I was already dead. Where will I go if I somehow die again- double hell?
...Though the only reason I didn't start hitting him or whatever, was because I didn't want to test that.

Something in him seems unsettling-ly powerful, and I don't like it.

"Um... I see you have some tension between you two, but nothing like a good, meaningful conversation to fix a ruined friendship!"
Charlie attempted to defuse the situation.

"You- you can't be serious."
I said, very disrespectfully.
"Do you know what he did? He CAN'T be redeemed. I wouldn't be surprised if he thinks all you are working for is a joke."

"I do!"

"SHUT UP."

Alastor squinted his eyes at me, still smiling. The radio noise intensified. Everyone in the room seemed slightly more nervous.

Charlie put herself between us.
"W-Woah there, Y/n, no need to shout..."

"Trust me, I'm not too happy about him being here either."
Vaggie crossed her arms. Alastor tilted his head to the right.
"...But he is a valuable member of our staff and he helped a lot to our cause."
She added.

I took a deep breath.
I need to calm down.
It's not like I make decisions here.
And I am not going to provide HIM with more entertainment. I better leave.

"I think I'm done here. Thank you for letting me interview you all!"
I tried to smile, pulling up my heavy bag.
"It’s been lovely, and I hope you will succeed in your mission. I believe the article will be out in a couple days."

"Byeeee!! Thank you! And you are always welcome to join us here, Y/n."
Charlie smiled kindly as she and Vaggie accompanied me to the entrance doors.

Alastor materialised out of a nearby shadow, invading my personal space: he leaned his elbow on my head.
I. HATE. HIM. SO. MUCH.

"Don’t you want to interview me for your article, too? Catch up, perhaps?"
Alright, now he is just trying to annoy me on purpose.
"I still owe you a coffee~"

"What is there to catch up on?
Unfortunately, you are one of the last things I've seen the previous week."
I said coldly.

"You... saw him last week?"
Something didn't add up to Vaggie.
"BEFORE you died?"

Angel dust stopped sucking on a popsicle.
"Yeah, that strawberry pimp has been here for DECADES."

As they pointed out the supposed inconsistency, Alastor jerked his head to the side, intrigued.

I was confused.
"What do you mean decades? It was..."

...

...I don’t remember much of what happened that day.

The blood...
So much blood...

And the bodies...
His smile...
The dogs barking...

I felt sick. I collapsed to my knees in front if Alastor and the girls, as my legs couldn't handle me.

Surprisingly, Angel dust's carefree facade faded and he rushed to the rescue.

"Woah there, tootz. No way you are getting to suck him before me."
He tried to lighten the mood with a joke which I visibly didn't appreciate.

"If you weren't such a goodie two-shoes, I'd be convinced that you are completely wasted. Ey, stay with me. Where do you live?"

"I... don't..."
My words trailed off.

Charlie looked at me worriedly.

Vaggie pushed Alastor out of the way in her hurry.
"Niffty, get a room ready!"

~~~~~~~~~~
OHHH NOOOO, NOT THE 'Y/n randomly passed out for a cliffhanger' TROPE

I'M SORRYYYYYY

Won't happen again, I hope lol