⟣Chapter 49

⟣•49•⟢
: SHH, THERE'S A BEAST IN THE IMPERIAL PALACE

• • •
Shen Cong and his brothers of the law enforcement team were separated and imprisoned. Each one of them received a veiled warning from the Royal Guards.

If they didn't give any information on the whereabouts and identity of Chi Jun, the evidence was basically conclusive. All of them, including the unreleased law enforcement teams on dozens of other routes would be tried and charged with treason.

Therefore, it was best to tell them and continue to be law enforcement soldiers in a safe way. Or would they be able to raise their heads at being the cause of why dozens of law enforcement team members bearing the charge of treason?

Shen Cong heard the warning and simply wanted to laugh! Shen Cong might have a careless personality but his head was clear if he could become the captain of a law enforcement team. The general actions of the Royal Guards made him come up with some thoughts.

What was the identity of the man captured by the Star Guards that could make the Royal Guards so alarmed? In addition, the panicked Royal Guards weren't busy bringing people back and were instead searching for Chi Jun's whereabouts. What did losing the person they protected have to do with Master Chi? Could he guess that the star thieves were trying to exchange hostages? They would exchange Master Chi, who was talented in beast imprinting, for the important man captured by the star thieves.

Shen Cong came up with this and simply wanted to spray their faces! These bastards, they were dreaming! They would never get information about Master Chi from him!

Shen Cong could think of this but he was worried that his brothers wouldn't be able to think of it. Some brothers might be worried about their colleagues in the other law enforcement team. It would be a big problem if they gave Master Chi up.

As it turned out, Shen Cong was thinking too much…

The Royal Guards' secret warning was nothing to the members of the 7th law enforcement team. They didn't trust the Royal Guards. On one side were Master Chi and the major general. The other side was the Royal Guards who pretended to be powerful to the outside world. They couldn't believe the latter. It was absolutely impossible for them to give up Master Chi and Major General Yan to protect themselves.

In addition, if they were brought to the military court then Major General Yan would surely know. Then who knew who the treason charge would end up being laid on…

Therefore, the group of law enforcement brothers ate and drank in the custody of the Royal Guards. They weren't intimidated at all by the Royal Guards' secret warning. This made the Royal Guards feel helpless.

Treason was said to be a lifelong and shameful crime yet it couldn't make these people compromise. What else could they do? Now there were many people outside on the merchant ships and they couldn't use torture to extract confessions. Under such circumstances, the Royal Guards could only obey the emperor's orders and prepare some weapons first.

After they contacted the star thieves, the star thieves specified that they wanted the batch of beast cards repaired by Master Chi and given to the seventh team. To be honest, the commander of the Royal Guards was really reluctant to do this. He had seen the combat power of these beast cards from the live broadcast and also desired it. It was just that the current situation was too bad and the Royal Guards had to suffer.

Thus, the commander of the Royal Guards could only send a small team to give the 7th law enforcement team's beast cards to the star thieves to temporarily ensure the prince's safety. Not long after the Royal Guard's small team left…

Gu Yanzheng took his big lion and flew away from the central planet. Gu Yanzheng's suspension car had the ginkgo leaf representing his identity. Therefore, once he reached the defense shield of the central planet that had just been restored, no one dared to stop him.