⟣Chapter 40

⟣•40•⟢ (Part 1)
: SHH, THERE'S A BEAST IN THE IMPERIAL PALACE

• • •
There was a significant difference between the stores on the asteroid belt and the stores Chi Jun saw on the capital star. There was an entire street full of beast cards and alloy cards but the doors looked like they hadn't been opened for years.

Chi Jun raised a hand to the bonsai on his shoulder and pushed open the door of the first alloy card store.

The layout inside was very consistent with the high-tech features of the interstellar era. The furnishings were very simple and there were a variety of large and small pieces of metal. They were messily stacked in the corner and looked a bit dusty. It was messy but the metal here gave him feedback, making his metal ability restless and subconsciously scatter.

Chi Jun finally got a definite understanding of the scarce metal resources of the asteroid belt. Most of the metals stacked in this store contained metal elements that Chi Jun had never touched in his last world.

Chi Jun could feel it. These metals just needed a bit of nudging from his metal ability and they would let out a very powerful force. Blowing up the surrounding street wasn't a problem.

Chi Jun, "……"

He carefully took back his ability and turned to look at Bonsai Gu on his shoulder. Bonsai Gu stretched out branches to caress his ears. Even if Chi Jun accidentally detonated all the energy in the metals of the store, Bonsai Gu could protect everyone here.

Chi Jun smiled, exposing his white teeth before reaching out to poke the small trunk of his family's bonsai. Bonsai Gu stood firmly on the shoulder and didn't fall from the poke. Of course, Chi Jun also didn't expect his one finger to be able to push his family's bonsai backwards.

At this point, someone finally came out from the back of the store. A tall man spoke loudly, "What do you want to buy?"

He wasn't gentle and smiling. There wasn't the general astuteness of a businessman. Chi Jun took a few steps forward. "Do you have any blank alloy cards?"

He only saw the messes of metal blocks and no cards.

The man stared at him. "Come with me."

Metal wasn't rare on the resource star and there were very few people who bought finished alloy cards. After all, the asteroid belt security wasn't good. Those with a bit of ability to make cards or experienced card makers could leave here. The rest didn't have enough money to leave.

Chi Jun followed the man to the back. Behind the chaotic front room was a very neat studio with several cabinets, a pile of alloy cards neatly placed on them. In the middle was a workbench with instruments on it. Under the instrument was a thin alloy card that didn't seem to have been completed.

The man casually pointed in the direction of the cabinets. "There are various types of low-end blank alloy cards. They are cheap and cost two star coins. The middle cabinet has intermediate level alloy cards that cost 10,000 star coins. If you want higher-grade alloy cards, there are some ready made ones in that cabinet for 50,000 star coins. If you want to customize it then the fee is 100,000 star coins."

Chi Jun gazed at the alloy cards.

Overall, the price was cheaper than the capital star and the quality looked better. There was a higher metal ratio. It was the same even with the most common low-grade alloy cards. The subtle difference wasn't obvious on the low-grade alloy beast cards that he had previously imprinted.

However, the activated mechanical beast could be controlled more smoothly and there was less mental power consumed. The weapon's power was estimated to be slightly different. The difference was more obvious with the intermediate and high-grade alloy cards. The imprinted mechanical beasts would be easier to control and manipulate. Of course, the price would be higher.