So I threw on some clothes, left my room before anyone else in the mansion was up and ran. Raced along the borders of the pack's lands. Through the town. Jumping over backyard fences. Running aimlessly. No destination in mind.

I didn't care if anyone saw me. Wasn't bothered that the guards dotted around the pack noticed the younger Alpha running like a madman. I was letting my anger and my frustration fuel my muscles, my legs, my lungs.

And I'd ended up here. On Radley's doorstep. My mate's house.

Of course I would.

Reaching over to ruffle Radley's hair and ignore the sparks that shot across my skin, I chuckled once more. "I knew you'd forget to tell Claudia." I glanced back over at Claudia, a grin on my face. "Would it be okay if I had Radley for the day?" My wolf whimpered at the choice of words, but I ignored him.

Radley's wide eyes darted between me and Claudia, unsure of what to say. He knew we hadn't made plans for today. He knew I was lying. I was just coming up with an excuse to explain why I was here. I mean, I did want to take Radley out sometime ... I just hadn't planned on it being today.

Claudia leaned against the doorframe of the kitchen, pinching the bridge of her nose. "I'm not sure it's a good idea, Alaric." She sighed. "With your father enforcing a curfew ..."

"The curfew is only really for nighttime," I cut in. "During the day, everyone is allowed out. But we just have to be mindful about where we are, what we're doing, who we're with." I glanced back at Radley. "And Radley will be with me."

I heard Claudia sigh again and I turned to face her. "He'll be safe with me, Claudia." Even though I wanted answers, I ... couldn't hurt him. Wouldn't. He was too ...

"You did ask me to go to town for you." Radley's soft voice floated to my ears and I was unable to stop myself from smiling at the sound. "I can go to town with Alaric."

Claudia tutted, looking between the two of us. I stood next to Radley, close, so that I could brush my arm across his. My wolf rubbed himself against the edges of my mind, almost as if he was trying to break out to rub himself against Radley.

Silly soft pup.

I wanted to feel the anger I had last night, the frustration, the betrayal. But being here, next to him, the memory of his lips against mine, his scent tickling my nose ... any rage I felt had melted away, replaced with a sense of calm.

Claudia shuffled into the hallway, and narrowed her eyes at Radley. He took a step back and I frowned, instinctively reaching for Claudia to stop her from advancing on Radley.

She stopped, looked down at my hand that was resting on her shoulder, and then back up at me. I smiled and shrugged as I dropped my hand.

She turned back to Radley and wrapped her arms around her slim waist. "Go get yourself ready then." She flicked her wrist at him. "And don't keep Alaric waiting."

"Okay," he mumbled. He raised his eyes to mine, and I grinned at him. His eyes widened before he spun on his heel and jogged up the stairs. I watched him go, feeling the sudden urge to follow him into his bedroom.

What would he do if I locked the door behind us? Threw him down on his bed?

My wolf started to pant, his tongue lolling to the side at the sudden dirty thoughts that crossed my mind.

Oh fuck.

"Alaric." I felt Claudia swat at my arm. "Come with me." I looked down to see her glaring at me, before spinning on her heel and marching down the hallway towards the kitchen.