(18) POISONOUS ENCOUNTER

Subhadra was all happy with her life

Subhadra was all happy with her life. She had an affectionate mother in law like Madri, a cheerful brother in law like Nakul and a friend cum husband like Arjun. Along with those relationships she had one more reason to be happy.

The reason was serving the serpents who had been injured during a war with Arjun. Serpents had been residing in Khandav forest under rule of their king Takshak before establishment of Indraprastha.

They weren't ready to share their land with anyone. So, one day they attacked on Indraprastha. Arjun tackled with them, singlehandedly. Even after defeating them he let them be alive. They went to their king Takshak, and he attempted to kill them in anger. Some of the serpents got killed by Takshak, and some became succeeded in escaping.

After escaping there, they surrendered to Arjun. Arjun allowed them to live in the forest of Indraprastha. Subhadra was taking care of them wellbeing establishing a good bonding with them.

Takshak felt badly insulted when he came to know that his subjects had accepted Arjun as their sovereign. Takshak kept threatening Arjun to send all his subjects back to him, but Arjun didn't bother to consider anything from Takshak's side.

On a fine day,

"Subhi, I think you shouldn't go there," Arjun looked at Subhadra with worry filled gaze.

"Why so, Arya? That temple is inside our territory," she was arranging space for flowers in her plate of veneration.

"That temple is adjoined to the end of our territory. I sense like visiting there will be risky. You are aware of Takshak's threat, aren't you?" He was worried about her visit to the temple as a possible danger might await there.

"I trust the Almighty who always protects the one who never does anything wrong. If you believe that I haven't done anything wrong ever then allow me to go," confidence was visible in her calm eyes.

"Yet I will urge you to consider my words again. You never have done anything wrong. Even, you never have thought about that. That's increasing my concern. You can't sense the trap around you due to your naivety," he wasn't convinced by her for the first time.

"I will come back soon, all safely," she held his hand in assurance.

"Can I go with you, please?" His grip on her hand tightened while his eyes softened with tender feelings for her.

"Mata had suggested to maintain secrecy in this worship for its success. You knew about this, didn't you?" Her words mada him sigh, sadly.

"Come back soon keeping your promise. I will be waiting for you," he reminded her about his promise before releasing her hand.

She departed for her destination. As the worship was meant to be secret she had gone there alone. Completing worship she was about leave, but stopped when she heard someone calling for help.

Following the voice, she found that a sick old man crying for help falling on ground. She went near him, conveyed assurance to help him, but the old man stood up on his own, surprisingly.

"You are a imposter! Who are you?" Subhadra was shocked when the old man came to his original form.

"I am Takshak, the most powerful and poisonous serpent," he introduced himself.

"You might be poisonous, but I had doubt that you were powerful, because no powerful king had ever failed to protect his subjects," subhadra too countered back without any fear.

"To your luck, I am here to prove my power to you," Takshak tied up Subhadra with his power. He even had captured her in a poisonous bubble.

"What are you doing? Do free me," she was feeling difficulty in inhaling inside the poisonous bubble.

"You will be freed from this life if your husband doesn't come here in right time. Till then I can't help you in anyway. So, do wait," he hissed at her with a victorious smirk.

So readers, here's the next part

Now questions.

(1) Any fact did you like here?

(2) Any gesture to be commented?

(3) Any guess or expectation for next?

LAXMIPATI SHRI NARAYAN, please accept the positivity of my this work as an offering to you in name of all wellbeing of my LIFELINE.

JAY SIYA RAM 🙏

SHRI SHIVAAY NAMASTUVYAM 🙏

RADHE RADHE 🙏