(16) AS A FRIEND

The bitter truth about her father had shaken the base of Subhadra's heart

The bitter truth about her father had shaken the base of Subhadra's heart. Whatever her father had done wasn't that much severe to push her at a silent corner, away from everyone yet that impact was all evident in her behaviour.

She had tried a lot to maintain her normal behaviour, but numbness was something which had been nestled inside heart too deeply after that interaction with Arjun.

Being determined to cheer her up, Arjun had decorated the corner of garden where Subhadra used to spend alone time. Usually, that corner used to remain darker than other portions of garden due to presence of dense bushes and trees. She had chosen that place as that was getting perfectly matched with the state of her heart.

On a fine evening when she reached at that place for a stroll she got surprised witnessing the place shining up with a few diyas balancing the darkness and delight of light. Her eyes sparked in administration over the surrounding.

"Good evening, Subhi. I would like to hear you about how much you liked this," Arjun appeared behind of Subhadra.

She was lost after hearing Subhi name from his mouth. It was the name with which she had made a good bonding with him. The name didn't hold any kind of conflict and complain which somehow entered into their lives afterwards, even if in a little amount.

"Subhi! Are you listening me?" He called her once more.

"The decoration is simply beautiful. I loved it," she managed to compose herself out of the cheerful vibes around her.

"Then let's sit, and have some time with this," he led her towards a bench, and sat beside her.

"I am not skilled in giving a build up. So, I am getting straight with you. I had been noticing you being extremely down in these days. Enough of your getting sad all alone! Please, do share it with me," he had chosen to carry the conversation on with the most gentle pitch of his voice.

"How could the daughter be normal whose father had done wrong?" Guilt made her eyelids heavy to look down, instantly.

"It's he, not you. So, don't be overloaded with this guilt. By the way, I feel like there's something else which has been bothering you other than that reason," he placed his palm on her hand.

"You are a true man made up of bonding. How genuinely you understand a person in front you!" Appreciation made its way out to appear in her eyes despite the agony of her heart.

"Not a man made up of bonding, but your friend is talking to you now," he reminded her the night they had become friends.

"Are we still friends?" Her tone slowed down in uncertainty.

"Have I broken friendship with you?" He gripped her hand tighter pulling it towards him.

She nodded at him in a no. He had fulfilled the duty of friend even after knowing her true identity. He had protected her respect from a being a prey to the conspiracy made by Dushashan. If he hadn't married her that day then the scenario of her life would have contained nothing else except suffering.

"Of course, we are friends. Now, may I have my share in your unshared sadness?" He flashed a loving smile at her making his way towards her heart.

"I have been missing my mother, badly. After knowing the truth from you a thought came to mind, and that kept hitting at there," tears gathered up in her eyes.

"What's that?" He asked.

"My father had tried to snatch you from mata Madri. It might be the reason that my mother went away from me for forever," she broke down with a heavy sob.

Without a second thought he hugged her tightly to his heart, and she poured her heart into his affectionate embrace.

"Please calm down, Subhi. Past can't be changed, right? I am here for you, and will always be," he rubber her back, softly whispering those soothing words to her.

"Your father wasn't a bad person. It was just he used to love my mother means his sister, excessively. Excess of anything brings extreme pain, just like your excess guilt and tears have brought pain to me," the last line said by him made her look at him.

He realised that his confession was so earlier to her. His priority was to console her at that time. So, he found an excuse to justify his statement according to her acceptance.

"A friend feels pain when his friend is in pain. So, no more sadness, and do smile a little for me," cupping her cheeks, he wiped her tears with his thumbs.

Then he pressed his lips on her forehead, and remained in that position for a long time untill he felt like the pace of her grief calmed down inside her. She felt too good with the gesture to withdraw herself on her own. She too remained in that position surrendering to him.

"I love you," he pulled her more into his hug.

"I too love you as you are my only close friend," she too leaned her head on his chest making him chuckle at her innocence of considering everything from his side as a friend.

He was fine with getting close to her as a friend untill he capture her heart as his.

So readers, here's the next part

Now questions.

(1) Any fact did you like here?

(2) Any gesture to be commented?

(3) Any guess or expectation for next?

LAXMIPATI SHRI NARAYAN, please accept the positivity of my this work as an offering to you in name of all wellbeing of my LIFELINE.

JAY SIYA RAM 🙏

SHRI SHIVAAY NAMASTUVYAM 🙏

RADHE RADHE 🙏