(11) PLAN OF PENANCE

After coming back from assembly Arjun was engrossed in determining his next step

After coming back from assembly Arjun was engrossed in determining his next step. Subhadra was observing him in guilt, silently. She was feeling responsible for all the ruckus caused in his life. According to her, everything bad had happened to him because of marrying her.

"Why are you blaming yourself? It's not you," Arjun looked at Subhadra as her restlessness wasn't hidden from his observant eyes.

"How did you know my thoughts?" She was so worried to realize the obvious answer that her crystal clear facial expressions could be read by anyone.

"A warrior can observe the reflection of thoughts very well. So, don't take my gesture otherwise nurturing anything else in your heart," he denied the hope of his love before that could even enter into her heart.

"I am too filled with guilt to nurture anything else. Making this marriage as an excuse uncle Shakuni executed his evil plan against you. All these had happened because of me. I brought misfortune and miseries into your life," her moistened eyes pooled up with tears.

He was sad at her state from inside. Before he could say anything, Madri appeared there. Madri walked near Subhadra as soon as her eyes caught Subhadra wiping her tears.

"Subhadra, why are you crying dear?" Madri's affectionate palm rubbed Subhadra's back.

"It's nothing, Mata. The realisation of truth made me overwhelmed," Subhadra managed to make a short eye contact with Madri.

"What kind of truth?" Madri asked.

"The truth is I have turned all of your lives upside down. I have created opportunities to fill all of your lives with obstacles," guilt in Subhadra's words made her lower her eyes.

"Had anyone made you feel like that?" Madri's stare shifted towards Arjun due to the obvious reason she knew.

"No, but it's the truth," Still Subhadra didn't lift her eyes to look up.

"It's not the truth. A daughter in law always brings fortune for her in laws, and you will prove it when the right time comes," cupping one of Subhadra's cheek, Madri made Subhadra look at her for conveying her care and for consoling Subhadra, properly.

"Arjun, what had you decided for next?" Madri's concerned eyes scanned Arjun's face to figure out the solution he had thought.

"Khandav forest is a cursed land. Once our ancestors didn't worship Lord Indra properly, and that had turned the land into a cursed one. So, I have decided to please Lord Indra with my penance," he revealed his decision.

"I will also go with arya," Subhadra declared surprising the mother son duo.

"But, you are the newly wedded daughter in law, dear. How can I allow you to face such adversity?" Madri didn't wish to hold Subhadra back from fulfilling her duties. At the same time Madri couldn't imagine Subhadra facing any hardship.

"Just before few times ago you told that I would prove myself at right time, right mata? It's the time, and I don't wanna lose this chance. Moreover, I can't let arya go alone when he has accepted this adversities due to me," Subhadra too put forward her determination.

"May God bless you both," holding happy tears in eyes, Madri blessed the couple before leaving from there.

Arjun couldn't oppose Subhadra in Madri's presence, but he too didn't wish Subhadra to follow him and to face challenges.

"Why did you say like that? I am not going to take you with me. Most importantly, were you trying to portray me wrongly in front of mata by crying? Do you want to create distance in between us?" Arjun was staring at Subhadra, suspiciously.

"I didn't have any such intention, Arya. Trust me," she was so shocked to see the calm warrior getting anxious without any such chaos around.

"You aren't going with me," he announced.

"Are you going to leave me alone with mata?" Subhadra had sensed that Arjun was uncomfortable with Subhadra's closeness with Madri. So, Subhadra used that against him.

"I am ready to take you with me. You are going with me," he announced his changed decision letting her smile adore her face.

So readers, here's the next part

Now questions.

(1) Any fact did you like here?

(2) Any gesture to be commented?

(3) Any guess or expectation for next?

LAXMIPATI SHRI NARAYAN, please accept the positivity of my this work as an offering to you in name of all wellbeing of my LIFELINE.

JAY SIYA RAM 🙏

SHRI SHIVAAY NAMASTUVYAM 🙏

RADHE RADHE 🙏