She, of course, wouldn't allow it if she heard of this, so this is a gamble I'm making here. I know I probably shouldn't, but if I see a chance to resolve a situation, the kind that doesn't come by on a daily basis, I should probably take it, right?

(A/N: For any normal person who is not inside a fabricated reality: NO!)

Now, if my grades suddenly started dropping, of course everyone would be suspicious, I gotta keep it all together.

________________________

I reached the address at which I was instructed to come by boss. I met up with him a few more times after that day, and he taught me a lot more things. It was quite different from what I had imagined; he didn't go about it in a structured way. Whatever was taught was done on the basis of usefulness. 'This is to assist in your work, I wasn't planning to train you into my successor or anything, not to say I think you have the potential for that. Hahaha':  I remember him saying.

'Whatever did he mean by "his successor", though? Was he just making a joke or did it carry some other meaning?' As I was thinking about this, my phone vibrated.

"Come inside. 7th floor."

'Am I supposed to go inside this building now? And what does he mean by 7th floor? 7th floor, where? Which room? And do I just enter like that into such a building, wouldn't they have security?'

My phone vibrated again. A photo of a card. "Show this at the reception." Well, okay, that settles it then.

I did as I was told and was shown inside. I entered the lift wearing a mask and pressed 7. 

The lift stopped at the seventh floor, and I stepped out. As I did, I noticed why he didn't specify '7th floor where'. The room was the only thing in there, excluding the balcony on the other side.

I knocked on the door. No response. I sent him a message saying I was outside, and there's still no reply. Did he call me here to mess with me =_=

'Well, he's boss and I'm me.' I decided to wait outside and proceeded to call him this time. Nothing. After two unsuccessful attempts, I finally had enough.

"Excuse me, I'm entering." I said as I pushed past the door. I stepped into what was definitely a huge room with a set of large furniture. What's more, there's money lying around the floor. Currency of small denominations, piled up together all over the floor.

'Is this with how little regard they see money?'

"Boss? Are you in here?" He should've been, since he asked me to come up here. But then, where is he?

I moved further into the room, and sure enough, there he was, lying on the couch. 

Unconscious.

'Is he alright-'

"Are you alright? Mr. Goo? Hello-"

I walked closer to him and that's when I saw the countless bottles of alcohol laid out in front of him.

'Ow.'

He passed out from drinking-

'Why did he call me if he was planning on passing out from drinking? Wasn't he sober when he texted me?

Drinking? Is he even an adult?'

I had sudden flashbacks to a day when that Gun guy was trying to buy alcohol and refused to give me an ID when I asked.

Then again, what was I even expecting? These guys are proper gangsters who are illegally extorting money out of teens. It shouldn't be surprising if he's illegally drinking alcohol while he's at it.

But why am I having to deal with this?

Well, of course because I agreed to do this =_=

There's no one to blame but me T_T

No but seriously, though-

"Mr. Goo, boss, hello? Can you hear me?"

'Should I try sprinkling wate-'

"AHH F*CK YOU TOO GUN I'LL TAKE YOUR F*CKING EYES OUT!"

"Ahh!" I screamed in surprise.

"Who...........is thAT?" He says in a drunken-person-voice.

"Umm hello? You'd asked me to come here, just a while ago, do you remember? Boss?"

"Oh....it's you..."

"Yeah."

"Yeah."

"...."

"...."

"You know what, I think I'll come at another time." Drunk people are scary. I have experienced encountering one when I was younger, and that did not end beautifully. I should probably just go.

"Wait, get me a glass of water...Kyra."

🥲

I looked around the room for water. There were several bottles of mineral water sitting on the table. I rinsed a glass at the kitchenette, poured water into it, and took it to him.

He accepted the water and started sipping. Suddenly, halfway through, he abruptly dropped the glass, dashed towards the sink. The glass hit the floor but luckily didn't shatter, thanks to the carpet. Nonetheless, water spilled everywhere.

"What's happening?"

It seems he's now vomiting, expelling all the alcohol from his system. It's rather unpleasant to witness.

To think this is just the beginning of this day—how tiring.

The God Dogs are fighting J High now in the webtoon,  I contemplated for long what to write, hope you like it.

Thank you for reading.