35

Marie sighs; it's been a week since Miranda worked with Donna. After cleaning up, she was at her shop, doing inventory for the rest of the night. Donna had been on her mind all night, and she worried if the woman she loved was alright; however, deep inside, she knew she was. Donna was just as busy as her when they worked on their projects and timing.

Donna had a list of things to do for the clothing shop and worked to get them done. Once finished, Marie shut the lights off, grabbed the small bag for Miranda's rent, and locked her doors. She ensured everything was fine before walking towards the church she had helped build.

It looked fantastic. It was bigger, more village-style, and could fit many more people inside and an outhouse. Marie walked into the church and smiled at the warmth. It was a rather chilly summer night due to the wind. When looking around, she found Miranda. She took several steps towards her and smiled, "Mother Miranda." Marie bowed, and the priestess turned to her with a smile.

She had set up pictures of the lords from the looks of things. The four first ones were in a diamond; Miranda herself was in the middle of the altar while Marie sat in the middle of the diamond, completing the blank space. "Ah, Marie." The priestess sighed before going over to her. "This is for this week," the wolf lord said, handing it to the blonde woman. "Thank you. How is Donna?" Miranda asked.

They sat down on a pew in the front. "Eh... she's been working with Julie and them to finish everything. She's also been feeding that man in our basement." Miranda looked confused. "I thought there were two?" she asked, and Marie sighed. "Until he went insane and stabbed his own eyes out." Miranda hummed and sighed. "Well... things like that do happen. Unfortunately, it's a side effect from too many of Donna's hallucinations."

Marie nodded. Other than work, she's been fine. We haven't seen any effects or anything different yet." Miranda nodded. "Nothing will show up until 5 or 6 weeks. There are still four more to go." Marie nodded and sighed. "I can tell you're anxious," Miranda said with a smile, rocking herself onto Marie's shoulder.

"I am... I'm nervous something will go wrong, that we will lose it, or if the mixture doesn't work." Miranda laid her hand on Marie's shoulder. "You're overthinking the work I put into it. Marie... do you trust me?" The lord looked at her. Something flashed behind her in-law's eyes as she uttered these words like they meant something more sinister.

She couldn't figure it out, but she did trust Miranda. The woman was there for her. She ensured Marie was safe from the cold, gave Marie a home and a doctor's appointment, taught her how to live and be a maid, and then ordained her wedding. The priestess kept Angie safe when they left, and now she's the reason Donna and her will have a proper family.

"Of course. I trust you with everything in me." Miranda smiled. A deep, caring, and loving look appeared on her face, but her ashen blue eyes glowed slightly with more plans and figures that Marie couldn't describe. Was the woman planning something?

"Then it will be fine. I'm sure of it," Miranda assured her lord with a kiss on the head, motherly affection. Marie smiled and got up. "I'm sure Donna is waiting for me at home. I will see you later, Miranda." The priestess hugged her. "Be safe," she whispered before flurrying into crows and leaving.

Marie sighed as she walked back home; she couldn't think of Miranda's look, how her mind seemed to flash danger in the woman's eyes, or how she asked if she trusted her. The wolf lord shook her head as she opened the door, "Angie! Stay in timeout." Donna's voice rose from the living room.

Marie furrowed her brow. Going into the living room, she saw Angie sitting in a chair in the corner. Donna was leaning over a couch cushion as she scrubbed at something. "Donna?" Marie chimed as she looked at her wife. "Hey, dear." Dark hair fell into her face. She looked up from her scrubbing.