28

Marie woke up and grabbed some clothes. Today was the day they would work on the church. However, she wasn't sure what to do, considering her stand was ruined; the day before, she had gone down to see if any of her tools would work after drying up, but as she started them, they short-circuited.

Donna was awake and upstairs when Marie finished her shower and was in the elevator. Miranda sat in the living room with a cup of tea, "I see. You will do just fine, dear; Alcina knows you can hardly walk in more than 6in heels." As she sipped her tea, Donna looked down, and Angie played around them.

She was still annoyed with them about not going on the honeymoon, but at least she talked to them instead of being silent and clingy. Marie entered the living room and bowed to Mother Miranda, "Good morning; how are you, Mother Miranda?" Marie settled onto the couch after kissing Donna's head and getting tea for herself.

Miranda smiled at her. "Well enough to give you a surprise. It's why I'm here." Marie looked at the woman and set the tea down, "Miranda, what are you talking about?" Donna smiled while she stood up and walked into the kitchen, "The villagers and I have a surprise for you. Donna knew about it and the other two as well."

Marie sighed as Donna came in with a black cloak; Marie slipped her cloak on and followed Miranda into the changing air, "I don't get it; what am I supposed to be excited about?" They traveled down to the ceremony site where Duke was, and he smiled.

"Good morning, lords and Mother Miranda." He bowed his head. "Morning Duke. I was wondering if I could borrow some tools in maybe an hour or two for the church?" Marie stopped to talk to him as Miranda and Donna ensured everything was ready. "I have already given you tools, Lord Marie."

Marie was silent; she didn't remember getting anything from Duke besides wood and stains, "I... Duke, I'm sorry, but I don't remember you giving me tools." Duke smiled as Miranda came up behind her. "You will when you see what they've done for you." Marie looked at the priestess, confused, as she wrapped herself into her arms and was taken toward the gates.

Miranda took the path to the village where all the villagers were. Donna held a pair of scissors with a blue and white ribbon that read Marie's Woodshop. Once the lord and priestess were in view, the villagers cheered, even Alcina,  Karl, Salvatore, and Alcina's daughters, since it was warm enough. They Stood by the gates of house Dimitrescu, waiting for the wolf lord to show up with the priestess.

Marie heard the cheering and looked at Miranda, confused, as they opened the gate. The crowd smiled and clapped; a couple of kids were cheering Marie's name and soon got the crowd to join. Marie stood dumbfounded. "Go to the front, dear; you'll see it." Miranda patted her shoulder, and they split the line for Marie, who furrowed her brow at the design of the building.

She was quiet as she studied the brickwork, colors, and stone overhang where a stand for wood sat. The building was huge, much bigger than the area she used to work in. "What do you think?" Elena looked at her; Marie was shocked. "You guys did this... for me?" She asked, and a couple of the villagers said yeah.

Miranda stepped up and smiled. "Since you have not only worked during an illness, saved the village, kept everyone safe and protected, and now you're working your tail off trying to get the church fixed. They made your life easier and decided to set up a fundraiser for your stand and use all the money they collected in about five weeks to build this place for you."

Marie looked at it and smiled, "It's... beautiful. I can't believe it." "You have to see the inside," Angie started, and Donna handed her the scissors, "Go ahead." Marie took the scissors and smiled, "I will." She turned and cut the ribbon, having them fall to the ground and opening the doors. The villagers waited as she looked around.