Christmas Tree

Avengers Bucky

Summary: You LOVE Christmas and help Bucky decorate for his first somewhat "normal" Christmas he's had in a long time.

Content Warnings: Mild language, FLUFF

You were in the lounge of the compound reading a book when FRIDAY made an announcement that there was a mandatory meeting in the conference room. You thought it was weird there was a mandatory meeting since nothing had been going on lately. 

The last mission you went on was over a month ago, so this was a bit odd. You made your way to the conference room and found Bucky who turned the corner of the hallway and almost bumped into you. 

"Sorry" he quietly said, making you blush. 

Bucky always made you blush. 

"It's ok" 

You both made your way to the meeting.

You took a seat in-between Sam and Steve and Bucky sat on the other side of Steve while everyone else walked in. Tony strolled in and had a smirk on his face. 

"What's this about?" asked Steve. 

"Well, since it's the middle of November, it's time to start thinking about the holidays. Thanksgiving is soon then it'll be Christmas. Y/n, still gonna decorate the place like always?" 

Everyone grumbled. 

"Yes!" you cheered then your face blushed because you now sound like a dork, especially in front of Bucky. 

"Good, I like your attitude" Tony added.

Christmas was your holiday. You owned it. 

Between the decorating, baking, shopping, present wrapping, and overall festive merriment, you loved it all. You decorated every corner of the compound at every chance you got.

"I took the liberty of ordering everyone an artificial pre-lit Christmas tree you can decorate on your own time in your own room. Of course, the big one will be in the living room, but I figured, since the incident from last year" Tony paused while everyone turned to glare at you, making you slump back in your seat ."It only makes sense" he finished.

"What happened last year" asked Bucky and you grimaced. 

"She almost burned down the compound with that real tree you lugged in your room" Sam sassed, and you narrowed your eyes at him. 

"The fire that started wasn't my fault, Sam. I had asked you to water my tree while I was away on a mission, and you FORGOT so I had no idea it was tinder dry when I lit that candle next to the branch. The damn thing practically combusted on the spot" you replied, and Sam rolled his eyes. 

"Your tree caught fire?" asked Bucky and you winced. 

"It wasn't my fault" you insisted again. 

"It was the candle, right?" said Nat and you grimaced.

Bucky sat there looking confused. 

He had come back from Wakanda and joined the team in the early spring so this would be his first Christmas at the compound with everyone. 

"Look out Buck, when Y/n starts decorating, she'll rope you into helping" Steve cautioned his friend and you scowled at him.

"Whatever. Trees have been delivered so you can do whatever you want with them"