Bucky the Bear

TFAWS Bucky

Summary: Bucky gets "injured" on a mission in a different kind of way that only a certain sorcerer supreme can assist with.

Content Warning: Language, FLUFF (both the fuzzy variety and the teeth rotting variety), established relationship between Y/n and Bucky, Sam and Bucky arguing (what else is new)

"That's still not a thing" Bucky yelled at Sam as they left the conference room. 

"Oh, it's a thing and we're walking right into it" Sam replied, and Bucky scowled at him. 

"Hey guys!" you said

Bucky slung his arm around your shoulder. 

"Hey Doll" he said then kissed your cheek.

You were a consultant with the new team Sam and Bucky formed after the Flagsmashers. Sam was relentlessly teasing Bucky to ask you out, so he did and the two of you have been inseparable ever since.

"You leaving tomorrow?" you asked and Bucky nodded. 

He hated leaving you, but Sam had asked him to come on this mission since Torres was busy and he didn't have anyone else. 

"Dr. Strange is already there. He asked for backup, so we leave tomorrow. Probably more diplomatic stuff and no fighting stuff" Sam joked, and you nodded. 

"Should only be a few days sweetheart" Bucky whispered in your ear as he squeezed you closer to him.

 You smiled up at your boyfriend. 

"I know"

There was a small group of people claiming they were "wizards". 

After seeing what happened in New Jersey and with Dr. Strange, more and more people started surfacing claiming to be supernatural or part of an alien race. It was exhausting listening to it all. Sam was tasked with sorting through the crazies, possible real threats, and false alarms. 

Sam sent Dr. Stephen Strange to Europe to investigate the claims of this new batch of "wizards". 

He since called for backup which is why Sam and Bucky were on their way.

The following day, you walked with Sam and Bucky as they made their way to a hangar. 

 "Just a few days, probably won't be too bad" Bucky re-assured you. 

"I know. I'll miss you" 

He wrapped his arms around you, hugging you. 

"I'll miss you too" 

"Gotta go doll. I'll text you when we've landed." 

"Sounds good. Stay safe. You too Sam!" you called over to Sam and he smiled and waved as he boarded the jet. 

Bucky leaned down and kissed you hard. 

"I'll text you later." 

"Safe travels" 

You watched Bucky board the jet. You stood and waited until it departed before you headed to your office as you had a mountain of paperwork to sort through to keep you busy.

When you got home that evening, Bucky texted you saying they were on their way to their safehouse, and he would facetime you when he was settled. Dr. Strange was meeting them there. You wondered why he didn't do his sparkly circle thing and just bring them over to him, but he was busy with the troubled group of wizards.