This Bouquet's for You

TFAWS Bucky

Summary: You own a flower shop and your once grumpy customer turns into one of your best customers.

Content warning: Language

I was inspired by this photo:

"Can you put those bouquets in the window Erica? I'd like to feature them this week" 

"Sure thing"

Erica grabbed the bouquets and placed them on the stand in front of the window. 

You were organizing the flower delivery in the back room when you forgot to put up your window display for the week.

You owned a small flower shop tucked in-between a yoga studio and bakery. Forever Flowers was your baby and you loved it. It gave you the opportunity to be creative, run a business the way you wanted things done, meet lots of people, and make money.

Your mother had passed the shop to you when she decided to hang up her shears and retire in Florida, leaving you to run things. You were perfectly capable of running things since you took business courses, and you had been working since the day you were able to hold a pair of shears in your hand without hurting yourself. 

You did a lot of walk-in business and of course the weddings, anniversaries, and special holidays, always kept you busy. The busy Christmas season had just passed so it was that weird time between Christmas and Valentine's Day that was always a bit of a drag, but you never minded.

You had a few small contracts with businesses in the area, supplying them with the odd arrangement or two every week. You also had a few hotel contracts in place, meaning they would use you for all their centrepieces, lobby displays, and VIP room arrangements so in-between the lulls of the regular holidays and wedding season, those contracts keep you busy. 

You hired Erica on as your full-time employee and she was great, the perfect employee, even starting up the online ordering system and website for you which was a huge help as it brought in plenty of business as well; she was a lifesaver.

You finished putting the flower delivery away and walked to the front of the store when you saw a man lurking in front of your window. 

He was tall, had short brown hair, wore a fitted leather jacket and gloves, dark jeans that fit him just right, had a slightly scruffy face, and the bluest eyes you ever saw making you blush a little. He looked at you and you smiled at him, but he didn't acknowledge you, he only scowled and walked off. 

"Ok then" you mumbled and went back to the cooler. 

"What was that?" Erica asked and you shook your head. 

"Nothing".

You were busy putting the final pieces together for a last-minute online order when you heard the bell ding on your front door.